Unprofessional interview procedures - is it me or them?

Thanks for the advice and input everyone! Really great to hear the personal stories from Bepster and Yo as always.

I’ve decided I’m going to give them a call tomorrow to clarify the position and make sure I’m the right candidate, both for their sake and my own. I’m about 80% that I’ll attend the interview if the phone call goes well, it doesn’t hurt to not put all of my eggs in one basket. As Sketchroll said maybe they are busy and the admin side has not been on par, although from what I can gather I’m one of many candidates and the whole day will be a bit of a revolving door process for them.

On the plus side though, one of my A list firms gave me a phone interview towards the end of the week which was worlds above the dealings I’ve had with the firm mentioned in this thread. It started with an incredibly polite phone call from HR asking about my availability with subsequent follow up phone calls and a confirmation email. It was incredibly organised and positive considering I haven’t even stepped foot in the office yet.

It just goes to show the difference and to add to the positive experience they are eager to have me in for a face-to-face interview! :wink: