Close

Freelance Job Websites

Postby BFresh » June 2nd, 2014, 9:43 am

BFresh

Does anyone have any experience of freelance jobs websites? The ones where you build a profile and bid for jobs that people looking for freelancers post?

Has anyone had much luck?

I am in the UK, but as these website are often international, it seemed appropriate to post here.
"I'm proud to say I'm a geek, you have to be a geek...good designers ARE geeks, bad designers are not geeks... theres a correlation. " - Marc Newson

Re: Freelance Job Websites

Postby Sketchgrad » September 15th, 2016, 6:17 am

Sketchgrad
step three
step three

My housemate at university used PeoplePerHour for a while but nothing of the capacity where you would be able to support yourself. It was purely graphical doing the odd logo/letter head/branding layout. He managed to get a bit of beer money but not much else and his 'clients' were mainly traders looking for something to go on the side of their van.

I tried to give it a go once when inbetween work but didn't have much luck for ID. Lots of weird CAD jobs with most of the time getting outbid by someone cheaper.

There is a guy on my Linkedin called Rob Bye that is launching a freelance service called Availo that may have some substance to it by working with bigger fish looking for freelancers but I'm not sure when he is launching it.

Return to design employment