Am I an entitled little twit?

So everything was supposed to go to the show Thursday. And most of it did. The original product (the one they’ve been working on for ten years and the updated one we’ve been redesigning for six months) was passable. Barely. Product #2 was a very rough working prototype. But it worked and looked OK from 10 or 15 feet. A week and a half ago it was looking very much like product #3 (my very clever concept) was not going to ship. So Boss had us work on a second, very simple version. That did, barely, get finished. it was also a very R_O_U_G_H POS but it shipped.

Is this all too specific?

Tomorrow is the show. Boss has been out of the country the past couple weeks so he hasn’t really seen any of this stuff, so it will be interesting to see what happens when he shows up to the show. It will be even more interesting to see what happens when he gets back into town… Fortunately the sales guy is super chill about it all and realizes how absurd the timelines were and how hamstrung we are by ancient technology. He’s going to attempt to pitch them as working prototypes. At this point I’m just kinds happy it’s all over at least for a few days and I can just zone out on some wire grids.