Survey: Your M&P education in design school

Hey guys,

Please help improve how materials and processes is taught to ID students in the future!

In addition to running my design firm, I am in the final semester of earning my Masters of Industrial Design at NC State University. My Master’s Thesis focuses on the current state of Materials and Processes Education in Industrial Design Programs in the US and Canada and how me might assist educators, improve outcomes for our graduates and create more value for clients and employers. My goal is to develop a set of research-driven “best practices” for M&P education and teaching tools for educators and as part of my research, I am conducting surveys to collect the perspectives, experiences and opinions from educators, recent ID graduates, current students and employers.

How you can help: Share your perspective and experiences.
Please consider participating in a survey I have developed for recent Industrial Design graduates (those graduating with an undergraduate ID degree since 2006). The survey focuses on your experiences in school and your Materials and Processes aspect of your education. It should take only 15-20 minutes and your insights will be tremendously helpful in understanding the needs of ID students and graduates.

Please follow this link to take the survey:
http://ncsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_835hggTDm3glcRD

Also, if you know of other colleagues (classmates, co-workers, etc.) that recently graduated (since 2006) from an ID program in the US or Canada, please direct them to this link. The more input I receive, the more it can shape the future of M&P education for IDs.

Of course, please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or suggestions. Thanks so much for your input, support and contribution to your profession.

Warren Ginn
Industrial Design Graduate Teaching Assistant
NC State College of Design