Hired on false pretense, discrimination

Wow, I agree with R.

I just read through all of the posts and I don’t see anything in regards to “false pretense” or “discrimination”. Resources in a business environment are based on speculation. Those assumptions that are there, are rolled into plans. Again, nothing is set in stone.

Your management is not there to support you in your daily duties. What they should be there for is to support you where support is needed. If you are being overworked, it is your responsibility to bring it to their attention. You should present them tangible reasons as to why it’s not good for business to over work you as an individual. Not only should you identify the challenge you are facing, but you should come to them with a practical solution which they can implement in the short term AND long term. For example, they may not be able to hire a new person. But they may be able to shift some roles to someone else. Or they may be able to give you more time to complete assignments. In the long term, they may be able to create a proposition to bring someone on board temporarily, part-time or an intern.

It is also your responsibility to make it very clear of the negative impacts of a cut in resources. At the end of the day, it is their decision. There is a relationship that needs to be maintained and if that’s not there, move on to the next job and take it as a lesson learned. Right now, you should be working on your soft skills and not wasting your time on pursing legal action. I don’t know what legal consul you have secured. But this is not a good move for yourself. Not only will it complicate your current situation, but our industry is small and will follow you elsewhere.