PORTFOLIO REVIEW`

HIRE HIM or FIRE HIM?

• HIRE HIM NOW!
  • FIRE HIM NOW!

0 voters

CRITIQUE time: Please drop your comments and crits on my portfolio

http://www.mtsu.edu/~ptm2a

THANKS!

You need brief descriptions of the work. The parameters of your problem solutons are not clear by just looking at the final presentation.

Your home page starts out like it might be a good site of interest… then BAM… click a link and it opens a hokey site. You do have some great photography. Nice composition… just work on the site.

That’s a great Jack Daniel’s BBQ poster. I like it.

You don’t want to risk not showing the viewer your strongest skill, or your strongest work. I would recommend filtering out your best work only (after all, you need something for face-to-face portfolio reviews.)

I’d also recommend putting some of this work on your homepage–right now you risk that viewers will pass up your best work entirely (your photography IMO.) Give viewers an overview first and then support digging-deeper.

In essence–take control of how people view you and your work rather than letting the user stumble around (hoping they’ll find out what makes you someone worth hiring.)

Check your weblogs for proof of what people are looking at and how long… I bet you’d be surprised!