Design specific questions during interview

Hey 27,

Don’t know if these questions fit in with the obvious ones but…

1. How would you distinguish yourself from the other Industrial Designers applying to this position?

2. In what way would you think that working at could help you reach your career goal(s)?

3. (Scenario) Imagine you are in a room of people (non-designers), and had to explain to them what you do (I guess, as a Product Designer). How would you describe your role as a designer to them? … I think that this question is similar to <random’s> “What does design mean to you?” question…

Anyway, these were questions asked during my Entry-Level/Junior position days (more from execs. in mid-size co., and small design firms, rather than HR people). Not many more were unique… I find that most interview questions were reiterated, but in different ways, dep. on the position…

Other than that, you could also expect some technical questions as well. All you need to do is research the company that you are applying to, find out everything you can about them, and pretty much… know your stuff!! If not, say that you CAN learn…

One more thing… questions that you should expect to get are one thing, but from my experiences, the types of questions that YOU ask the person (or people) interviewing you, could also present your character in their highest regard as well.

Good luck!