Close

rkuchinsky

Variant wrote:
Who said it was exhausted? Maybe I should be considering Germany here... take my lazy, subpar, entitled American ass over and join ze master race.

Im happy to hear nobody gives you a job if this is how you think. Sarcasm or not, this type of comment is not allowed on the Core77 boards.

Keep it up and in addition to a new job you can look for a new forum to rant on.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23491

Respect for others. Personal attacks, antagonism, defamatory comments…Don’t do it. Offline or on, ad-hominem attacks degrade any discussion. Discuss the topic, don't attack the person. Life is too short. If you can, why not be nice?

The Core77 Discussion Forums are a resource that is made great by its users. Please remember all users are people and most likely people like yourself. Keep discussions positive, professional and constructive and together we can share our love of Design.

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

FluffyData

idainc wrote:
yo wrote:
idainc wrote: Try 60 + with 40 years of experience and you'll see things differently.

As a point of reference: I'm 60+ with 40 years in the biz, a modicum of talent, and probably gifted some 'good luck' from time to time, but still pumping Rhino, Keyshot and Adobe Suite, as my income has been pretty consistently off the nice end of the pay-chart bell-curve.

On the downside, I've intermittently made a ass of myself, nuked marriages, and moved continents.

But hey- Life!
Last edited by FluffyData on October 11th, 2017, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bepster
full self-realization
full self-realization

FluffyData wrote:On the downside, I've intermittently made a ass of myself, nuked marriages, and moved continents.

But hey- Life!

What's wrong with moving continents?

FluffyData

bepster wrote:
FluffyData wrote:
What's wrong with moving continents?

Nothing at all! (Bad grammar, apologies)

I recommend it.

Re: Got laid off... want to relocate, but where to?

Postby yo » October 11th, 2017, 12:04 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

FluffyData wrote:

As a point of reference: I'm 60+ with 40 years in the biz, maybe not particularly talented, and probably gifted some 'good luck' from time to time, but still pumping Rhino, Keyshot and Adobe Suite, as my income has been pretty consistently off the nice end of the pay-chart bell-curve.

On the downside, I've intermittently made a ass of myself, nuked marriages, and moved continents.

But hey- Life!

Thanks for chiming in. As I'm in my 40's, it is great to hear and look up to someone who is still doing what they love (making an ass and nuking things aside... we all have bad days, aint nobody perfect).

I've been lucky enough to have some great mentors in your zone who have show me how to chase what I love and make money doing it. My goal was to be like FLW, in his 80's, at the drafting table, he gets a stomach ache, goes to the hospital and that is it. and when you look at his career, some of his ver best work was between the ages of 60 and 80. as he said in an interview, he had been doing it so long he could shake design out of his sleeves.

Re: Got laid off... want to relocate, but where to?

Postby mo-i » October 13th, 2017, 4:10 am

mo-i
full self-realization
full self-realization

Yo ! Great job leading this to one of the all time greats. FLW.

You seem to be on a well crafted way towards your long term goals. Keeps me inspired as I for one (at mid-40ies) recover from "nuking" my first marriage. But hey, only 1 in 25 years. ;)

Earth is warm and kind. There is always a new dawn for a new day. Never forget how privileged every one of us really is.

mo-i
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

cwatkinson

Guess Variant has gone on vacation, but as i was doing a search i did find this.......

http://www.coroflot.com/jobs/79343/Indu ... gn-Manager

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/mana ... 479382883/

Along with a few others......

Previous

Return to design employment