Nomadic Workers & Design

Hello to all!

I am a Masters Student studying Product Design Engineering at Strathclyde University and I am carrying out a dissertation into nomadic workers and design.

By a nomadic worker I mean someone who works outside of the traditional office environment and prefers to operate on the move in a variety of locations - Internet Cafe, hotel, steps of building, bus etc. Some are more extreme than others, some will try to recreate their office setting wherever they go - there are different levels to the nomadic worker, and I believe the nomadic designer.

I was hoping some of you good people will be NOMADIC DESIGNERS or will have had experience of WORKING NOMADICALLY.

If this is the case, could you please describe to me how you travel, how easily you adapt to different environments, your attitude and sense of commitment?

Also, how often do you move about and is it a productive way of working? Is it fast paced, is it flexible, is it rewarding and do you feel greater freedom?

What do you need to carry out your work on the move? Concentration, technology, privacy, space?

What are the benefits of being a nomadic designer, what are the problems?

What tasks do you perform and with what tools?

Are nomadic designers suited to team working?

Are nomadic designers suited to specific parts of the design process, e.g. marketing and concept design or is it more embodiment and detail design?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, however long or brief!

Thanks!

Mo_max