Brainstorming - Help me choose a topic

Thanks, Scott. I appreciate the caution, I definitely agree with you there! Fortunately I’ve been interning with this company about 9 months and share a desk with the director of innovation, so its given me a lot of time to observe the culture, how meetings and brainstorms are currently ran, etc. This meeting will be for my team (Innovation & Development) only, and they do a pretty good job of keeping an open mind. It’s kind of funny but when starting my boss said “You’re an intern, you have nothing to loose, show this place the amazing work you’re capable of.” So I’ve been sort of just going for it. It feels good and so far I’ve gotten a great response and have done well at not overstepping my boundaries. I ended up choosing 3-d printing for the millennial DIY’er. I am keeping it pretty broad because the brainstorm is more of a “how to participate in a prosperous brainstorm” than really trying to get too much out of it. HOWEVER, our expertise is in the plastics world, so 3-d printing isn’t far from our realm and possibilities, as well as current technologies we develop.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I checked out your website, the work looks great!