UIUC Study on Reflective Practice

Hello,

This is Moushumi Sharmin, a PhD candidate and design researcher at the University of Illinois. My research focuses on designing interactive interfaces for designers in the creative domains. Many of you know me as participants in my previous research studies and I really appreciate your support in my research.

Currently, I am conducting an informal study with designers who at least have several years of design experience. The study is targeted to learn designers’ opinions about reflective practices (both for ongoing projects and over long periods of time). Designers participating in the study will be asked to share information about their own reflective practices, sharing stories about their reflective behavior and provide examples of why and how they engage in reflection. The study can be done over phone, IM, Skype, or face-to-face and will not take more than an hour in a single day. The participant will receive $30. All data collected from this study will be used for research purposes only and will not be disclosed without your prior consent.

If you are interested in participating, please contact me (sharmin2@illinois.edu or msharmin@gmail.com). As we want to complete the study before Oct 10th, I highly recommend you to contact early if you are interested.

Thank you very much.

Moushumi