Google scholar

From About Google Scholar
“Google Scholar enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. Use Google Scholar to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web.”

search at http://scholar.google.com/

This is good to know. Thanks Steve. While we are on the subject of research resources, I have found myself relying on this one lately-

It is interesting in a parlour-game sort of way with answers to population figures etc. It is also highly revealing for stats like, “highest oil consumption per capita” or “most corrupt societies.”

This will be very useful! Thanks from me as well.

I had heard, from MIT I think, that there is going to be a p2p version i.e. Universities would have open servers with hard-drives full of their own papers and those downloaded by its own researches from other universities.

Two projects that would take the internet back to its roots, imagine, once again, being able to search the web for knowledge without any commercial noise. Ahh bliss.