PHD in Creativity?

i’m not sure if this is the right place to post, nor if anybody can give me advice…

i’ve been approached by a ‘Creativity’ lecturer as a prime candidate for possible inclusion on his part of the faculty as a PHD researcher in ‘creativity’.

i’m currently 2/3 of the way through a design degree after a decade in non-design related employment.

PHD in Creativity?
such a thing exist?
can anybody give me advice on any aspect of this?

sounds iffy, but a university could cobble together a few Psychology and Philosophy courses and offer a new degree at no cost to them, get a few new students to boot.
Look at the Phd in Innovation at U of M, it’s largely up to you to produce work worthy of the sheepskin.
What university is it?

Hi,

I know this post is a little out of date but I wanted to share:

I’m currently working on my masters in Creativity. And wanted to let you know that creativity is indeed an academic field of inquiry and has been for over 50 years. The first undergraduate and graduate classes in the subject were taught at the
International Center for Studies in Creativity - SUNY Buffalo College their website can be found at buffalostate.edu/creativity

I would LOVE to get a PhD in Creativity if I could find a PhD granting institution with a professor willing to support my research in such… but until I find it I am looking at programs in behavioral neuroscience.