Close

Sketching for Portfolio

Postby M_ark » October 24th, 2017, 2:54 am

M_ark

Hi my name is Mark, I am currently trying to transfer to pursue ID. Currently I am looking into, Cleveland Institute, Columbus College of Art and Design, DAAP, San Jose State, and CSU Long Beach. I am just looking for feedback on my work and maybe some of these pieces can be used in my portfolio. I have taken one drawing class in college so I am mostly self taught. Here are some digital sketches I have done on my iPad. Was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback. I am woking on uploading some analog sketches soon. I have some traditional art pieces also that I am going to include in my portfolio if you guys want to see those I can show them as well. Also I am still open to any other schools, I have chosen these schools because of recommendations and location. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_0020.jpg
Here is a shoe sketch in Procreate
IMG_0048.jpg
Wooden chair sketch in Procreate

Re: Sketching for Portfolio

Postby junglebrodda » October 31st, 2017, 7:45 am

junglebrodda
full self-realization
full self-realization

unless the programs you mentioned are super competitive/hard to get in to (in which case maybe asking people a those schools might give you more insight for the level you need to be at), i wouldn’t worry about it too much, rather just continue to practice sketching, using the fundamentals of perspective and simple forms as base for more complex forms and just cultivating a relationship with communicating visually, because you will learn a lot in whichever program you choose/get accepted to...
no ideas original....there is nothing new under the sun...it is never what you do but how it is done

https://www.behance.net/a0o

Return to sketching