Looking For Feedback

Scissors with markers and pencil

Thanks for the feedback Micheal. I will do one more round of pen drive sketches with more emphasis on forms.

Had a little difficulty to get the proportion right for these shoes. I am still not sure how close I am in terms of proportions. Haven’t sketched many shoes in the past. So trying to get into the practice of sketching shoes.

Overall your sketches work, I like the scissors sketch, it is simple and communicative. The cut-section lines work very well if they are done precisely. Your designs are a bit generic, see if you can brainstorm a bit more and develop your own design language into the products you draw.

Your glass rendering needs work, start by studying the basics and drawing from perception. In reality, refractions behave quite differently and there is a logic to it enhancing the 3D-aspect of your drawings, if you can catch it.

So after coming back from vacation sketched bunch of shoes. The first shoe is inspired by one of the Adidas tennis shoes. The second and third ones are my ideation sketches.

These three are existing KEEN hiking shoes. My sketches are still evolving when it comes to my designs. This week I’m planning to have reference photos while sketching any product and I will try to come up with my own design.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for the feedback. This week I’m planning to have reference photos while sketching any product and I will try to come up with my own design.

Hi Sumistha, I’m just getting caught up on your thread and it’s awesome to see hard work directly feed into your improvement! :slight_smile:

I especially enjoyed your USB stick sketches from 1/08/2018 because they were loose and explored some interesting forms which was an improvement on your previous USB stick sketches.

I had a small tip about this one. With your outlines, you’re communicating the form well with ridges. Similarly you could also follow through with this on the contour lines just to show that the surface isn’t flat. Here’s a quick overlay of what I was seeing.

Keep up the great work!
Gerry

Hi Everyone,

It’s been long I haven’t posted anything. Hope all are doing good. Finally got a chance to scan all my sketches that I did over the summer. Practicing regularly and trying to get better. Would appreciate feedback on my sketches. Am I getting better or staying the same?

Thanks,
Sumi

2, 3, 4

5, 6