Looking For Feedback

In two days span during my class break I did these sketches. My DD2 instructor added the background and asked me to add major and minor axis to give more sketching feelings to the page.

My main focus is to sketch loose and quick. So, hence forth I will try to post only related to those topics to keep this thread in order. Thanks once again for taking time to review my work.

The block forms are communicating well.

For the first page of headphones, try to drop your lines as smooth strokes, rather than as scratchy segments. It helps if you ‘ghost’ the stroke you want over the page before actually drawing it. The second page of headphones is an improvement with much cleaner linework, good work!

Hi Andy,

Point noted. Thanks for the feedback. I will work on it. Planning to sketch few more headphones today.

Last week’s PD 1 sketches. Still working on my tactile mouse for visually impaired people.

The 4,5, and 6

7,8, and 9

10,11, and 12

13,14, and 15

16, and 17

Hey Sumi,

Your sketches are really improving, keep up the hard work! The very last page is getting to a nice point, your line-weight is consistent and is starting to pop your sketches off the page.

A few things to look out for:

1. Hierarchy: This can be done in a few ways, Size, Detail, Color, etc. - The goal is to communicate what is important to the person looking at your sketches.

Ex: 3 Sketches on the page - 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large - in terms of size on the page. Generally I think this should also correlate with detail, color, and lineweight strength. So the largest should have the most amount of detail (otherwise, why is it the largest?) lineweight, color, etc. If all of the sketches on your page are the same size, and same level of detail they tend to fade into the paper and make it difficult to digest as a viewer.

1. For your product design 1 ideation sketches you’ve gotta loosen up! These need to be very different types of sketches from your drawing classes. In sketching to find the best design for your projects, the ideas are most important. In sketching for your drawing classes the design matters much less and the drawing itself is the most important. Ideally you want to be able to pick up a pencil and jot down sketches from your head on the problems you’re trying to solve, not thinking about the perspective and quality of the drawing for your design studio classes. Later, when you find the right idea you can perfect the drawing, but for now focus on the big ideas, and don’t forget to call them out on the page!

I hope that’s helpful,
Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for the feedback. Wish I had visited the forum before finishing my this week’s homework. Anyhow, I will use this feedback in next PD1 assignment.

However, still posting whatever I worked on last week.

My last week’s PD1 sketches.

4,5, and 6

7,8, and 9

Until last week we were still playing with basic geometric shapes in our DD2 class. But have started sketching simple products using geometric shapes from this week, which I will be posting later this week.

Pg3 - We were asked to create our own 6 textures on a big cylinder. I was looking online to find some pattern but stumbled on a video on youtube where I guy was showing how to draw your own textures. I liked it so much that I thought of give it a try and ended up with this page.

Pg 4