Close

Re: doodling

Postby Jboogie941 » March 17th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Jboogie941
step four
step four

I remember those... Nice sketch Yo, I dig the stripe taillights.

Postby Rodrigo » March 21st, 2018, 9:22 am

Rodrigo
step one
step one

Haven't seen much of March of robots.. here's some roborace madness!
Attachments
IMG-20180321-WA0013.jpg
Sometimes we take chances, sometimes we take pills..
https://www.instagram.com/rodrigolauret/

Postby yo » March 21st, 2018, 9:59 am

yo
Administration
Administration

Jboogie941 wrote:I remember those... Nice sketch Yo, I dig the stripe taillights.

Thanks, always loved the original Pulsar NX tail lamps that were all diagonal stripes.

3.jpg

Rodrigo wrote:Haven't seen much of March of robots.. here's some roborace madness!

I totally slacked on March of Robots this year! Thanks for posting some.

Postby yo » March 21st, 2018, 8:06 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

A quick task chair doodle between conference calls. You know when you have that 30 minutes between meetings that aren't really enough time to get back into what you were working on, or start something new? Time for a doodle.

Postby Rodrigo » March 23rd, 2018, 8:44 am

Rodrigo
step one
step one

Still doing some weird scenarios and characters.. and a little bit of Akira! Saw it yesterday and it was awesomly interesting..
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-03-23-14-41-12.png
The importance of role models
Screenshot_2018-03-23-14-41-21.png

Postby yo » March 28th, 2018, 12:38 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

Just a random doodle before leaving the house for a design review :-)
Attachments
021 alfa romeo.JPG

Postby yo » March 30th, 2018, 11:19 am

yo
Administration
Administration

something I found on my hard drive from 2016...

Postby Rodrigo » March 30th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Rodrigo
step one
step one

Boarding gate wait to Helsinki got me an Aalto (clichè) vibe and a dumb hot glue gun perspectives..
Attachments
6E2956A4-C2F8-4E48-955C-66A433C613CB.jpeg

Postby yo » April 5th, 2018, 9:22 am

yo
Administration
Administration

In the future I wonder if fully autonomous vehicles will have any screens or if they will be strictly BYOD (bring your own device). We have been working on projects with both solutions in the studio and I suppose the answer is based on the intended use cases for the vehicle... I also think we could see a return to bench seats but that is another story.
Attachments
E41BD256-8DBB-4766-9BDB-D0CF5197C6FE.jpeg

Postby ryip » April 5th, 2018, 5:51 pm

ryip
step one
step one

yo wrote:In the future I wonder if fully autonomous vehicles will have any screens or if they will be strictly BYOD (bring your own device). We have been working on projects with both solutions in the studio and I suppose the answer is based on the intended use cases for the vehicle... I also think we could see a return to bench seats but that is another story.

Is that going to be industry-driven or user-driven? I haven't really seen a direction really stand out yet. I've noticed on United flights, it's BYOD unless you wanna pay for DirectTV. On the other hand, on American, they've updated the screens to make them touchscreens. As a user myself, I'm pretty much BYOD because I can control whatever I watch. But I can totally see the industry wanting full control of the interfaces themselves, since they wouldn't have to deal with all the different kinds of devices people have.

On an unrelated topic... got inspired by Weekly Design Challenge to draw something up, albeit somewhat late.
Attachments
hot-glue-gun.jpg

Postby yo » April 5th, 2018, 6:09 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

nice! That is defiantly one of the best entrants I saw into the hot glue gun challenge!

On the BYOD tip, I think it will probably depend. On some of the more econo, large capacity autonomous vehicles, I'm sure cost will be a driving factor, and the fact that you might be riding with a group of strangers dictates it will probably be BYOD only. If you are renting a more premium autonomous car for a 2-4 hour family jaunt, I could see how having a giant screen and maybe content streaming from your phone would be nice (the way we stream audio now). If you owned the autonomous vehicle, then maybe you would just give it your netflix/hulu/whatever passwords... but I wouldn't be logging into my netflix account from the equivalent of a greyhound bus :-)

Postby Rodrigo » April 7th, 2018, 8:16 am

Rodrigo
step one
step one

I recently had a flight with Norwegian Airlines ( I do not take planes often) and it surprised me that BYOD approach that Michael states. In order to view content, you first had to connect your device to the aircraft WiFi and then through their website, you could surf the available movies, music, etc and of course there was some premium content that you have to pay for it. Maybe this is better for multiple reasons instead of putting tactile screen that might come obsolete fast and has a probably high maintenance cost. Anyway, some vase doodles and a Jean Prouvè chair 300 inspired technical doodles.. btw I ran out of pages but still had the mood on haha
Attachments
F7878515-C63D-4231-97D6-F901E9B7648B.jpeg

Postby yo » April 7th, 2018, 1:24 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

Rodrigo,

Yes, BTOD is becoming pretty standard on airlines... and it makes sense. Why pay for inferior screens in every seat when most every passenger has their own screen (or screens, I usually travel with phone, iPad, and laptop.).. then you only need to provide WiFi.

I'm happy to see you keeping up the frequency of you sketching! Keep at it! Draw through exercises like that chair are particularly good. Try putting a clean sheet over top and tracing it up with some clean line work.

Postby Rodrigo » April 8th, 2018, 8:51 am

Rodrigo
step one
step one

Thanks a lot Michael! I'm surely going to keep it up, i guess the draw through excercises will create a solid foundation to more realistic perspective drawings. And definitely will do some clean linework to that chair :D
On the BYOD theme, like you said, providing decent WiFi AND power supply for your device should be enough. Maybe you've already checked out http://www.thesmarttray.com

Postby yo » April 17th, 2018, 10:32 am

yo
Administration
Administration

Worked up this sketch for my one year anniversary newsletter. I can't believe my little studio has been in business for a year already. It has flown by. It has been a fun first year! If you want to see the newsletter, or sign up for it for any reason, here is link to it. https://mailchi.mp/5e5bf1a1f748/1-year-anniversary

The final sketch was done in illustrator. No photoshop on this one. Trying something out based on what a few of the guys were posting in the footwear sketch fu section :-)

Previous | Go to the Next Page

Return to sketching