Yo! 2017 sketch a day

A shoe doodle

2017 #202

here is the video on that little home-bot

Hehe I like it.

Michael I have a suggestion for one for one of your sketch a days. How about an interior or some sort of spatial design? Would be good to see your style incorporated in this subject area…

Good suggestion. I wrapped up a concept design phase for the interior of a restaurant a couple of months ago and it was super fun to draw interiors again. I thad been a long time.

Post predator grille Lexus

sketches 150-202 all in one spot.

I’m so happy with how my 2017 sketch a day project is turning out. In this video are sketches 150-202. What started out as an exercise in discipline has turned into an exercise in thinking more crisply and translating that into visuals more concisely. Star athletes, musicians, A-lister actors, they all practice. As a designer it is so important to practice and hone your craft.

204 Mixer

Friday Furniture doodle! I just got the latest version of the Baughb Labs Aluminum Pen 1 in the mail. I couldn’t resist doing a sketch right away. Thinking of a light weight 3D printed frame with soft durometer arm rests and feet printed in and a stretched woven mesh seat. Little felt pads finish off the headrest.

A wheel concept. I would actually hate this wheel because I like simple wheels that are easy to clean and don’t take away from the design of the car… but experimenting a little.

A little autonomous blobject car and then a more conventional overlay overtop of the same perspective.

some video on those last two with a bit of voice over explaining what I am doing.

A few new ones.

one more, trying to catch up from a busy week last week.

Overlay of my friend Gil’s sketch:

Hey guys, question. In this video I played with having a split screen between the process and the final. What do you think of that? does it help or does it take away from the final sketch?

Furniture Friday

2017 #216

Hot. I’d totally rock that.

R

Thanks man. I’m trying to work a little more apparel in.