Yo! 2017 sketch a day

Sketch 131. An AR/VR headset with integrated headphones. As a gen X’er growing up in the 80’s with me “ears plugged up” with a Walkman (those orange headphones!), many of the previous generation didn’t get the concept of having your own soundtrack, or creating a little barrier so you could be in your own world. Now it is completely accepted and even a social signal of “don’t bother me, I’m working, or thinking, or taking a break…” I’m sure we will push through a similar social barrier with AR/VR, and the societal and safety implications will be much greater, but I think this will become as common as headphones at some point… perhaps once the hardware gets past this bulky stage of innovation and goes through the process miniaturization. Do you think this will ever go mainstream?

past couple

Your style highlights how quick and loose you are when sketching, but there’s still just enough detail there to easily communicate complex forms. I dig it.

Just curious, are you using an iPad Pro for those digital sketches, or a Cintiq? What’s your opinion on the two?

Thanks! That level of quickness, spontaneity, and indication is what makes the difference between a sketch and a rendering I think. I’ve been using the iPad Pro with apple pencil. The Cintiq is definitely better. Way more sensitive. The benefit of the pro is the portability + apple ecosystem.

Sketch 135. Today, by request, GMC Denali Dual Wheel.

toyota 2000 GT

Here is the video on that:

drone

here is the video on that one:

folding knife

Hey motorcycle friends. Why don’t motorcycle helmets have brake lights and turn signals that talk via Bluetooth to the bike? I’ve searched online and saw a few retrofit kits but doesn’t seem to be much in the way of an integrated solution. I was driving home from lunch with my friend Jamie at Axial Racing and there were some bikes lane splitting through traffic on the 5. Some more lights would make me feel better especially because an SUV might block the bike’s lighting.

Its furniture friday my friends.

popped out a second one while I was waiting for my wife to get ready for dinner :slight_smile:

Inhaler. Cast, polished, clear anodized aluminum with a soft TPE cap to activate the cansister.

Hello!
I love seeing all of your sketches. You have amazing skills.

Quick question. What software are you using? ipad? What app or stylus? I’m just curious because there are so many products out there and I want to know what you like best!

Thanks!

Thanks Shannon.

iPad pro with apple pencil and either Procreate or Sketchbook Pro. Sometimes I use a Wacom Cintiq as well.

Thanks for the tips!

No problem. You are welcome.

quick hover bubble

More nice stuff Michael :slight_smile:

A question: How long do you roughly take on average to complete a sketch?

Thanks 250gb, these take me roughly between 30 minutes and an hour.