Close

Re: Yo: sketch videos

Postby yo » November 1st, 2016, 10:41 am

yo
Administration
Administration

Easy as ABC... it has been a long time since I posted a video so here is a very quick 3 minute doodle with a Sharpie​ this morning before calling into a conference call. Turn on the sound to hear the markers squeaking on the page... if you are into that sort of thing :-)

Postby yo » December 23rd, 2016, 12:32 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

I can't believe 2016 is just about over. I thought you all might like to see every fun free time sketch I did in 2016. There are about 250 sketches here. I wanted to put this together to show you just how many rapid visualization exercises I do in a year. Remember, these are just my for fun sketches. This doesn't include all of the sketches I do for new product development projects I'm working on at Sound United or with freelance clients. Obviously I can't show you those until those products launch! It is important to sketch at a high volume like this so your skills are sharp and you can freely express your ideas without hesitation. A great sketch is about three things, developing an idea, communicating the idea, and inspiring others to believe in that idea. A great sketch can be incredibly persuasive. So set yourself a goal to do just one fun sketch a day in the next year and you will see your skills dramatically improve. Happy 2017 everyone, now get sketching!

Postby amunta » December 23rd, 2016, 5:29 pm

amunta

look forward to more of your work in 2017, yo!

to everyone else, i recommend watching this a .25 speed so you can look at the drawings a little longer. also, protip, if you pause the video you can use the period button to move forward frame by frame. comma button goes backwards by a frame.

Postby yo » December 25th, 2016, 1:39 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

I filmed the next 6 sketch demo videos in the core77 series I've been doing. Here is the next:

Postby yo » February 24th, 2017, 1:11 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

Why is sketching still important? I'm really excited to be able to share this short video piece I did for Hector Silva, who founded Advanced Design Sketching. In this video I talk why I think sketching still so important in today's design world. there is also a bonus behind the scenes look at my home design studio ... can you have a bonus at the beginning of something? This bonus is. If you have watched any of my previous videos you have seen the sketch surface on my desk. Today I zoom out to show you what you don't see.

See more Advanced Design Sketching videos: https://www.facebook.com/AdvDesSketching

Postby yo » February 25th, 2017, 5:17 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

A new sketch demo went live on the c77 home page:
http://www.core77.com/posts/61654/Drawing-Cars-is-Hard—Heres-a-Way-to-Make-it-Slightly-Simpler

Postby KenoLeon » February 26th, 2017, 5:07 pm

KenoLeon
step four
step four

yo wrote:. there is also a bonus behind the scenes look at my home design studio

Loved the little video, explanation is pretty spot on and your place is shockingly similar to mine and other designers/architects I know, that is pretty cool : )
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"We are surrounded with objects of desire, not objects of use.” Don Norman

Postby yo » February 26th, 2017, 5:33 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

Yes, we are all trying to be different... in exactly the same way :-) Thanks Keno, I think sketching can be a very powerful tool but only when coupled with thought.

a couple of what I am calling "quick take" videos:

Previous

Return to sketching