Close

Re: Gmay3's Sketching Journey

Postby gmay3able » May 19th, 2017, 8:53 am

gmay3able
step four
step four

I've been working on some analog sketching recently especially forcing myself to practice some marker work. This is the most I've done with them to date but I had a lot of fun experimenting with them.

These sketches were replies to Weekly Design Challenges on Instagram @weeklydesignchallenge for a hand mixer and hammer design.They do weekly subjects and repost some of their favorite submissions and it's been a lot of fun to see the sketches everyone comes up with!

Postby gmay3able » August 16th, 2017, 4:45 pm

gmay3able
step four
step four

Hey everyone, quick update, I just moved to Chicago where I'm going to be enrolled in the Master of Design in Industrial Design Program at University of Illinois at Chicago aka UIC starting in a few weeks. Totally excited, I can't wait! Huge thanks to all of you who contributed to this journey and help me on to this path, I'm very grateful!! :D

Now that the move is complete (phew) I'm getting back to sketching so here are a few of the latest.

A ring flashlight/lantern for the backpacking crew, cast in magnesium to make it lightweight and so you could use it as a fire starter in an emergency by cutting a few magnesium shavings off the body.
A friendly, bedside table designed without corners to save your arms or head from to hitting a sharp corner while you sleep.

Postby yo » August 16th, 2017, 5:58 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

congrats on getting into UIC and the move to Chicago!

Postby gmay3able » August 22nd, 2017, 11:46 am

gmay3able
step four
step four

Thanks a lot Michael! Looking forward to your Keynote at SQ1CON!

Here's a page of guitars I did for the Weekly Design Challenge. I love sketching music gear.

Previous

Return to sketching