Close

Postby reactor » March 8th, 2005, 11:59 am

reactor

Hitch- Great work. a certain improvement from the first sketch. I think you need to tighten the lines a bit. It is looking a bit sketchy and that sense of volumeis still not coming. Look at the edges of the profile. There needs to be very small fillet or edge or some else which identifies it to be a 3d object rather than a magazine cutting. Check the demo sketch of Yo. There is a sense of volume coming through the edges. Remember, there are no shapr corners in nature

Yo- I saw your demo page. Thanks from everybody on the forum. Thanks for the info about dodge, burn and multiply. I never discovered their powers. I shall experiment on them now and try to use them more. Thanks for the same.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Imagination is more important than knowledge
.. Albert Einstein

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Postby yo » March 9th, 2005, 4:15 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

reactor- no problem man

hitch- good step man, you are loosing up and that is good to see.

Right now it looks a bit like individual parts (cd door, speakers, knobs) placed on a form, instead of like a holistic design. Maybe try sketching it more as an overal form and then breaking up the individual parts.

Keep working it, you'll get it there.

Postby pezzy » March 22nd, 2005, 1:17 pm

pezzy
step four
step four

Here is a package I rendered in photoshop. My technique was a little different for this because of the graphic element that was already done. Still fun stuff!

Postby pezzy » March 22nd, 2005, 1:24 pm

pezzy
step four
step four

Sorry for the dead image above... I just realized that the rendering of the product I included above is not on the market yet... even though there are pictures on the sell sheet... I am not sure about having that image online. Sorry!

Previous

Return to sketching