beginning of my Ids career

Agreed. Quick suggestion. Boost your levels in PS when you scan. Makes a big difference.

R
LklGxRHl.jpg

oh yeah, not it has more pop.

That small adjustment made a big difference, I’ll definitely make sure to do that for future posts. Thank you guys!

Hey guys, I recently started my semester a couple weeks ago. I am taking a design drawing 3 class for product sketching. I’ve been sketching shoes/ footwear for a while now and haven’t sketched any products besides those handles a few pages back for the past 2 semesters. I shot myself in the foot for sketching only footwear, now I am paying for it. I am open to any critiques, comments or advice and also on what I should or shouldn’t do. I would really appreciate all the help I could get. From here on out I will be posting my sketches weekly.

Thanks,
Rus

week 1

week 2

Some good stuff here. Don’t forget to power in your dark darks with the pencil. You can go I’d say three notches heavier on the line-weight in some spots. Also, the color sketch style you did for that brown adidas on the previous page was very good. Apply what you have learned sketching footwear.

here are a few line weight examples for your to benchmark in both pencil and pen. Not these these are awesome, just that I pushed the line weight. I intentionally went into my old old archives for examples.

Keep going!!!

Hey Mike,
I really appreciate it. I will definitely bump up my dark’s, your examples are great! They really give me a better understanding on where to make my dark’s even darker. The past couple of weeks we’ve been using verithin, this week we’ll be using verithin and premiere so that should help me out a little more.
Thanks!
Rus

Week 3 desk lamps/ lights some of the things i worked on were making my darks darker, material thickness detail, compositions and sizes, and visual connections. let me know what you guys think.
Thank you!

Looking at my sketches from a distance and comparing them to the examples above I should have went even darker :frowning:

Photoshop can fix that easily. I just opened it up, duplicated the layer and set it to Multiply. You can also play with the levels to get even more contrast.

R

Thanks R, I will definitely do that for future posts if needed. In our studio at AAU I have to put it up on the walls so If its not popping on here Its probably not going to pop off the wall there. That’s why I thought I didn’t make my dark’s dark enough. It ended up not being as bad as I thought it was :smiley:
Rus