SKETCH CHALLENGE: golf cart

Thanks Mroh11. I’m not a huge golfer, but I work with a lot of golf nuts, a few scratch golfers even, and I’ve spent my share of time behind the wheel of a cart golfing with vendors and retailers! A few hours in there gets me thinking… perhaps I should spend more of that time thinking about my horrid swing though! :wink:

RE the Bluetooth system. It could be for calls, or contacting the clubhouse, but I was thinking mainly for music. I’ve golfed with quite a few people who have music playing out of their crap phone speakers… would be nice to have a proper sound system, as long as it din’t disturb other golfers. A little limiting combined with directional tuning could make a nice musical bubble.

RE making an entry, as you are an avid golfer, I’m looking forward to your concept!

Nice concepts! That bubble dome is awesome! Segway golf bag is a cool idea too.

Gerbs,
my I just say, I really enjoy your loose sketch style. Very cool.

Much appreciated bepster!

At my previous job I did a ton of quick whiteboard sketching for brainstorm sessions. I’ve been trying to keep up that lively, but minimal spirit in my sketches.

@Yo, Good initiation, cute smart like design. I like the colors & division.
@GEBS, interesting idea of Bubble cart.

my sketch for…
Electric golf car/t,Flat platform.
Symmetrical front with back.
Front & Rear windshield opens into storage space.
Seats : automotive + furniture like

golf2.jpg

Nice! Lets get a couple of more in here and I’ll make a post on the front page!

Nice sketches and ideas guys. @ADD I like the all glass roof/windshields.

Here is my quick first golf cart sketch. I got a bit inspired by the Tron vehicles.

Here are a few starters.

1. Segway Golf Cart: Golf bag and transportation in one.

2. Golf Hovercraft: No more walking around water hazards. Trunk opens up to present the clubs.

Both exist:

Late submission, but I managed to get something out. Everyone else’s ideas are def. great to see. As stated before, I am no transportation designer, even for something as basic as a golf cart. However, I do play golf fairly often and never really tried designing something from a personal hobby so this is my attempt.

As for my overall design, I think I went a little too left field for a reasonable replacement, but instead just tried to have some fun with the design. The first thing I changed was the vehicle layout and made the car into a reverse trike with two-wheels in the front (steering) and one in the rear for momentum. I know four wheels are more stable than three, but I figured that golf carts are (with exceptions: hooligans) used at reasonable speeds on a course and do not require that much more stability. I have seen a three wheeled golf carts before, but with a single wheel on front or meant for a single player.

Next was the overall shape that came with the trike layout and instead of pursuing a typical boxy/square profile, I decided a tear drop/rounded shape would be more intriguing. Other features include:

• Hybrid/Electric motor cart with rear engine/rear wheel drive ( no idea how this will do dynamically, otherwise mid-engine is doable as well) I often find electric cars gutless on really hilly courses, but far more quiet so I do not disturb other players while gasoline engines usually have more push, but are often very noisy and not too eco friendly.
  • Solar panel roof (**whenever costs go down/efficiency increases) for charging the motor or misc. items like a cell phone or mp3 player.
  • Container with sand for divots and a club cleaner when you do not have a brush at hand.
  • In cart GPS for gauging distance to pin or from tee box. (existing feature, but may become more commonplace in the future)
  • Also part of the GPS would be to inform other golfers of your current location (reduce close calls with blind hill shots or out of sight due to trees)
  • Storage container beneath seat for extra items
  • large single handle bar for easy egress and ingress instead of one on the roof and one on the seat.

Unfortunately I only have one view of the vehicle right now because I am still not certain about the front of the cart. I will pursue this idea further as a side project. Hope something from it is interesting to you guys. cheers

Not late at all! That is a super fun concept Mroh11!

Here’s my go at it…

fun sketch! Analog or digital?

Thanks! Sharpie on paper, with a heavy levels adjustment on an iPhone photo.

Dblav, that is some sick sharpie linework!
I have a fun idea. Need to post tonight!

Sketch/doodle to clear my mind at work. I don’t know much about golf, but staying out of the rain must be nice.

I’m a bit late in uploading this…

A quick sketch my ideal golf cart. I should say at this point that I’m not a golfer.

A single seat, low profile, 3-wheeled “racer” perfect for when you and your golf buddies want to increase the pace of your round.

-Joystick operated
-Moulded bucket seat
-Screen detailing the gps position of your golf buddies
-Aerodynamic form
-Foot rest if needed
-Mini fridge
-Shallow sills for easy entry

This is an awesome thread. I kept trying to think of the perfect concept but wasnt getting anywhere so I decided to do as many concepts as I could think of before the day was done and these are the four I came up with.

A: What would a golf cart look like if Audi or BMW designed it
B: What would a golf cart on mars be like
C: No a Pillar for full view of the beautiful golf course and a angled mounted bag so you can have a direct view of what club your pulling out.
D: Open Conceot model with a retractable roof for the great days that you can pull up if you get caught in some rain.

More to come when I get a chance…Im currently traveling so Im sorry for the quality of these pictures. I took them with my cell!

Concept B + C

Concept D

Fun stuff!