Marker Paper?

Hi Everyone:

I’m wondering what you think is the best marker paper. I usually use Bienfang 360 for sketching, underlays and for drawing with a Prismacolor Verithin Pencil.

I have been using Letraset Bleedproof A3 (11x17in) paper but I’m having a hard time finding it. The place where I used to purchase the pads no longer sell them. I’m also looking for A4 (8.5 x 11in).

If I can’t find the Letraset paper, does anyone have any other suggestions for marker paper? I’m looking for paper that is white and bleedproof.

Thank you!

I attached a sketch too!

I rarely use marker paper anymore. I just use cheap bond paper (computer printer paper).

I tend to agree with Yo on that - I never use “marker Paper” anymore. When I’m using markers, I opt for a 28lb white copy paper - it handles just about everything I use (markers, pens, pencils, etc). Plus it tends to scan much more nicely than other specialty papers.

I use Canson Marker Paper, available in A4 en A3, when using my markers. I have used several other brands, but do not really have a favourite. Most of the time I buy the one that is available and has a nice price.

I’m ashamed to admit that I haven’t done a proper marker rendering for nearly 3 years… But when I did, I always used a combination of Schoellershammer marker pad with Chartpak AD markers. Blending different marker tones was a joy, it was very smooth. Only used them because they were the only brands my uni art shop sold.

Printer paper is great for sketching, but for marker use I find that it creates color bleed, and I couldn’t create nice gradients with my cool greys! Not to mention the mess it leaves on the papers beneath.

I know a few places around in my 'hood that carry Copic Marker Pads.

I used to sketch on Vincent vellum but the people that make it are so behind the times, I don’t even think they sell online. I had to call them and order custom-made pads because nobody around me carried it. After that I received a X-mas card from them every year. :wink:

Cool, thank you everyone!

I’ll try the Copic paper. I’ve been using computer paper, I find that laser printer paper works pretty well since it’s smoother than inkjet. =]