Chain Drawing Conversations

I have a question regarding a feature I recently noticed on the images posted in the chain drawings. Some of them have a number of times viewed with a corresponding number. Others don’t. Does the moderator include that or does the chain have a script/algorithm that recognizes when a particular image has been viewed a certain number of times and then insert it? Just curious and still love the thread.

If someone posts an image linked from a photo sharing site, that’s treated as an HTML object. If you upload an image using the Attach function, you get the number of times viewed information. It all has to do with how the image was posted.

I suppose if he’s your lucky charm, that’s where he belongs. Seems to help you crank out some good work.

Also, if you attach an image that is too large/wide for what the forum can include in the thread, you get a scaled down version linking to the original size and no view count for some reason (not that it bothers me, I’ve just noticed :wink: ).

BOOM! Demha drops in with a killer first post to Core77!

Welcome Demha!

Thank you for the welcome jon.

For years I’ve been put off by the commitment required by a personal ‘sketchbook’ thread, so when sketchroll started that awesome game, I had to come out of my shell.

Gauntlet, thrown down. Any other first timers out there care to challenge?

demha, real nice.

I interpret the attraction of this thread as its no comment, no judgement, no time expectation, free range format. Eye opening to see how many people have joined the board just to enter into this discussion. There is something behind that. Great to see all of the styles that people draw with when not in direct competition with others, when not illiciting comments from the seasoned pros.

Have wondered what the alphabetical distribution is in the sketches, seems there are some very common letter endings and some uncommon ones, no letter J for example.

The 1HDC had a very similar feeling at the beginning. It was short enough and new enough that people jumped on board. There is an element of automation to this one that is much nicer than the 1HDC. I’ve noticed some lulls in the chain…a day, maybe two, that went without entry. But then someone drops in and fires it back up and inspires something new. That’s what I like about it especially in contrast to the 1HDC where the urgency got hopped up by the looming deadline. There is just that edge of immediacy in that chain because even if it has been 2 days since someone entered, there is a chance that as you’re putting the finishing touches on that entry, someone’s going to hit post before you.

I’d like to see a “reset” of the chain every now and then where some of the more obscure letters get used…because I agree with you, there seems to be a dearth of some letters.

@Yo. For some reason I’ve never thought about using white pencil on post-its (I assume that’s what you did for the Rolls). Just tested and it works really well!

sometimes I use white pencil, but in this case was a little photoshop thrown over the top to make it pop. Sometimes I’ll use a little white prima pastel chalk as well.

Chain Drawings original post updated with list of every word drawn so far. As mentioned before the letter J is the only letter that has yet to be used.

nxact steps up to the plate and gives us a J!

someone help a jetpack designer out and give one back…

After reviewing the compiled list of drawings and the letter break down, I decided to see what letters I needed to complete the alphabet. I discovered among other things, I have exactly half the letters of the alphabet left and that I posted far more than I realized.

A - ape
B
C
D - Dieter
E - exploration
F
G - gorilla, gruesome
H - hornet
I
J
K - King Kong, kitty
L - lawman
M - marker
N
O - owl
P - penguin
Q
R - rabbit, radiation
S - snake, squid, sugar substitute
T - train, Twinkie, Twitter
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

It’s on like Donkey Kong!

It is a very productive form or procrastination!

Not even close to the curve. :wink:

We don’t get to choose our first letters. A cursory glance shows this list is closer to the distribution.

Top 10 end of word letters letter frequency

e 0.1917
s 0.1435
d 0.0923
t 0.0864
n 0.0786
y 0.0730
r 0.0693
o 0.0467
l 0.0456
f 0.0408

nice sketch Rek!

A big thank you to CNCwoodpecker for the assist!

After reviewing the compiled list of drawings and the letter break down, I decided to see what letters I needed to complete the alphabet. I discovered among other things, I have exactly half the letters of the alphabet left and that I posted far more than I realized.

A - ape
B
C - career
D - Dieter
E - exploration
F
G - gorilla, gruesome
H - hornet
I - insert
J
K - King Kong, kitty
L - lawman