Designfabulous / Andrew's Sketches

I think the foot drawings are your most successful to date. As stated, these are very good!

So, now that you are really advancing, I’m going to be a little hard on you… the sketches are coming along really nicely, but the designs feel a little predictable, a little bit like what is out already. Tall order for your school level, but since your skills are advanced, try to push through to some more unexpected solutions.

Also, that little Samsung thing? Is that a house vacuum robot like the Rumba? One thing I always thought about those things is why would I want this little consumer electronic thing roaming around my house, I think it would be way cooler if it was made out of birch veneer and aluminum, and was a basic form like a cube, or a cylinder with really nice detailing. No need for it to look “fast”.

I so love you :wink:

Thanks again everyone. @joyride, I’m starting to do that now - thanks for the tip! And @yo, thanks for motivating and being such a good mentor. Working on this week’s sketches as we speak. :wink:

More sketches. These weekly sketches are slowly starting to become harder to do as my finals have come. Nevertheless, here they are. Thanks.

PS: This whole cheaping out and taking photos of my sketches is starting to become harder. I’ll see if I can proper scans once school is over.

Thanks for running with the cylinder suggestion. Think about those task chairs more, check out the latest stuff from Herman Miller, and the classic task chairs like the Eames Aluminum series task chairs. There is a certail level of restraint that this type of product needs to make it classy. When task chars get too busy, or too “product designy” they can look really cheap. Keep working on projects that expand your range. Your natural style lends itself well to Consumer Electronics, but push out of your comfort zone for form.

I’m a sucker for exploded views!
Love it!

Isn’t there some unspoken rule about “no life drawings”? Meaning, no old-woman model B00B$.

I like the more cartoony style though, esp the musicians one.

I’m also a big fan of the exploded view =). What size are some of these drawings?

Great sketches dude!

I really like your work with the reflections on like the cell phones, and laptop housings. In my opinion a few sharp marker strokes beats the hell out of finely tuned gradients. And by the way, those feet are disgustingly real!

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Lac29: The sketches on white/tan paper are from my sketch book(s), which is 12x9. The exploded view/live model drawing/feet are on a 18x24 piece of paper.

It’s finals right now so I have been kept busy, and my Coke bottle’s aftermath has been keeping me very busy. I haven’t been able to fulfill my usual schedule of sketching and kept pushing my upload date.

Nevertheless, here are some sketches from the past two weeks are so.

Those HTS phones are nice, but I like the Bodum sketches because they differ from your default aesthetic a bit, which I like to see!

I love looking at these. I’m falling in love with sketching on paper again, it’s nice to get away from the computer!

Keep up the great work.

bump… more please…

Great work . I’m new to this thread and can see a huge progression in your sketching. Not particularly in the marker rendering, but more in the perspective, angle choice and design of what you are choosing. The sketches feel more mature and refined

I am in the same boat . . . this stuff is fantastic. My favorite has to be the exploded view.

Follow Andrew on twitter… occasionally he posts some twitpics, but they’re usually in Korean.

More? I love your stuff. You’ve made me want to be better.

Looking through this thread has really made me want to start sketching a lot more because you can really see the progression from the start through til now and so it gives me hope that i too can make these levels of progression with practise

Also, love the tan paper sketches :exclamation: going to have to get myself a tan sketchbook to experiment with

Is the white (and some black) colouring done with chalk?

Looks like he is using chalk, white pencil, and white gauche in some cases.

Amazed at your entertainment design work, and car sketching skills. Way too unique to be copied.