yes, very dry....

Some old stuffs, just rendering/sketching exercises before I really understood perspective.

Now you know why they didn’t want me to design American cars.

And my favourite shoe of all time… nope, not the black and white, not the olive green ones. It’s got to be this one!

I was really disappointed when Nike did not make the retro version of this color combination. I wore it to the point where the sole disintegrated into powder leaving a trail behind me as I walked. I guess this is as a form of commemoration.

my favorite is that lower left thumbnail. the Peugot. and the shoe is nice, but is the shoe industry all so tight? noticed this on other people’s drawings. if this is a sketch, whats a rendering? an Illustrator file?

Tight? Hmmm… that was one of my first full marker “rendering/sketch”. No pastel used, took me 3 hrs because I was being an@l about details. Of course I can do it much quicker now.

Why not call it a rendering? Personally, after seeing those old school renderings done by my instructors, I can’t call any of my work rendering. I will refer to them as “sketch-rendering”, something not realistic but gives a good idea of the product’s form, details and material.

In fact, I haven’t seen any recent works done in school that can be regarded as “rendering”. Therefore I guess the closest ones will be good photoshop/illustrator ones.

Seeing those old school gauche renderings always blows me away… Syd Mead is coming in Nov. Got to get another autograph for the hotwheel that he designed.

I was really disappointed when Nike did not make the retro version of this color combination. I wore it to the point where the sole disintegrated into powder leaving a trail behind me as I walked. I guess this is as a form of commemoration.

you, me, and a whole army of of sneaker heads were disappointed that nike did not re-release those. Great sketch/rendering