Close

Re: Pilot Hi-Tec C Pen

Postby scrotum » October 27th, 2010, 6:44 pm

scrotum
full self-realization
full self-realization

I take that back, it was indeed the paper I was using, ink wasn't drying fast enough.

Postby linda_dong » October 27th, 2010, 9:46 pm

linda_dong
step three
step three

I've always had major problems with these pens. Maybe I press down too hard because I always end up smearing/smudging the lines I've drawn over with the side of my hand as I'm drawing. I've even waited 1 min before going back over a sketch and it still smudges. Beautiful lines, but for all the troubles I go through I usually just stick with my bic ballpoint.
Trying to look good limits my life - Sagmeister
http://www.lindadong.com

Postby scrotum » October 28th, 2010, 1:40 pm

scrotum
full self-realization
full self-realization

bngi wrote:Are you sure? None of my hi tec's smear from any kind of markers. (AD, copics, Prisma)

It was one of the main reasons why i bought them. Dont like that they leave a lot of ink blobs however.

I never get ink blobs with my pens, that's the main reason I like them.

Got a little story about one of my pens. One time while I was hanging out with some buddies at a busy coffee shop, a woman asked the cashier if she could borrow a pen, I knew she was a regular so I offered to let her use one of my Hi-Tec C's. Next thing I look over at her table and she is chewing my pen and doing all kinds of stuff with it! I saw that woman again several times after that incident but she never offered to give it back, needless to say it wasn't that important to me anymore.

Postby bngi » October 28th, 2010, 2:33 pm

bngi
full self-realization
full self-realization

Weird. Every time I go an ellipse, i get a small blob at 200degree mark. From every single one of them. (0.5's). Got two 0.1's too, but they were pretty useless for me.

My classmates stopped borrowing my pens, because I got kind of zelous to get them back. Nedless to say, I've love pens/pencils. Ever since opened my fathers desk drawers for the first time.
Björn Bengtsson
iddqdse

"the unicorns do not look realistic enough"

Postby scrotum » October 28th, 2010, 2:44 pm

scrotum
full self-realization
full self-realization

I find the 0.5 to be too heavy, I have one but never use it. 0.4 works just fine for me, I use 0.3 for lighter lines.

Postby Loren IPSVM » October 29th, 2010, 11:18 am

Loren IPSVM
step one
step one

So I love these pens but now I am in love with this Korean pen called 'Monami' - can't find them in the states, only online

Monami plus pen 3000 in black-

I think this may be my new favorite ?! And I do have a serious problem buying one of every pen I see too....

Postby scrotum » August 11th, 2011, 1:01 am

scrotum
full self-realization
full self-realization

During a recent trip I came across the Zebra Sarasa Clip pen. I tried one briefly and was very impressed, and it costs half as much as a Hi-Tec C. Does anyone out there use them for sketching?

Postby sonofscrotum » October 15th, 2015, 11:27 pm

sonofscrotum
step three
step three

I went to buy some replacement Hi-Tec C pens today and the woman at the store told me that ever since this article in the New York Times praising the Uni-ball Signo UM-151 people have been coming in asking for them.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/24/ma ... m-151.html

I like them and cost less but I'm going to have a hard time letting go of my Hi-Tec C's.

Postby sonofscrotum » October 5th, 2016, 2:20 pm

sonofscrotum
step three
step three

This is the thread that never dies. :lol:

I've been coming across a similar Pilot pen called the G-Tec-C, seen them at a couple of stationery shops. I bought one and it turned out to be the same as the Hi-Tec-C under a slightly different name.

I imagine the big wigs at Pilot got word that third parties were importing the Hi-Tec-C's and realized there was potential to make money by bypassing the middle man.

They're a bit cheaper but they don't have the same color and tip size selection as the Hi-Tec-C's.

http://staples.com/Pilot-G-Tec-C-Gel-In ... uct_911977

Previous

Return to sketching