Questions about the Interaction Design field.

Hello I graduated last year with a Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design. Interaction Design and User Interfaces were something I kind of stumbled upon while in school. My Thesis was partially an Interface and I really think this is a field I’d like to look into even though it would mean going back to school hoping that some of my classes will transfer. It seems like I see more jobs popping up in this field…well more than Product Design jobs anyways. AT the very least I think it would greatly flesh out my resume and portfolio.

Sorry to sound a little vague and naive, but how similar was the curriculum as compared to a typical ID program? What are the main differences between Interaction Design and User Interface Design? And could anybody recommend a program?
Sorry I know that’s a lot of questions but any help would be great. Thanks!

Have you considered getting an internship in this field? It’s a nice way to test the waters and see if you’re really interested / will enjoy doing this kind of work, without investing the next few years of your life (and $$$) going back to school.

I haven’t because I’m not sure if I have the skills to get an internship. The User Interface jobs seem to require some programing skills.