Durable, hard wearing Android Smartphone WANTED

minus your Android requirement, but:

A friend on mine swears by the waterproof Sonim phone. http://www.sonimtech.com/products/xp5300.php His survived submerged for two hours, emerged from the mud when the tide went out and it sent a signal to be found. I’m going to get one this year for marine use. I am done with smartphones and all the compromises they entail.

The Sonim XP5300 Force 3G is a premium, ultra-rugged 3G UMTS phone designed for professionals and adventurers who are exposed to the most hostile environments every day. Since it was engineered with built in safety features and backed by Sonim’s industry-leading 3-Year Comprehensive Warranty, transportation enterprises and mountaineers alike know they can count on the extreme reliability of the Sonim XP5300 FORCE 3G.

Building on lessons learned from serving half a million customers in the most extreme environments, this Sonim RPS certified phone was engineered to handle any condition. The Sonim RPS go far beyond MIL-SPEC ruggedness keeping critical activities running smoothly. Even wastewater 2 meters deep is no challenge for this IP-68 rated, water and dust proof handset, which can also be dropped from 2 meters onto concrete. The 2 inch high-resolution display is protected by a class leading 1.5mm thick Corning® Gorilla® Glass lens for the highest level of scratch and shock resistance.

The Sonim XP5300 Force 3G has enterprise class GPS capabilities for optimized accurate real-time location tracking. The 2 MP camera with video capture and a bright LED flash and digital zoom captures critical information while safety is enhanced by strong antenna performance, the industry’s longest talk time of up to 12 hours on 3G and 22 hours on 2G and active noise cancellation. In addition, Sonim has further improved the reliability, speed and available memory for bundled JAVA applications and well as pre-tested and certified third party JAVA applications that are available for download on the Sonim JAVA Application Manager (JAM) store.