iProduct

Has anyone else seen this? Good for a laugh…

http://www.idrill.com/default.aspx

what the … ?

Obviously fake. Where’s the touchscreen? And the headphone plug? :laughing:

and for our next intro to industrial design project we will be dropping eggs

“why the i-drill?
style meets substance
As beautiful to look at as it is to use, the i-drill isn’t just a revolutionary rethink of power tools – it’s the most useful appliance you’ll ever own. Amazingly compact, light, powerful and versatile, the i-drill makes DIY easy as ABC.”

im going to use it to build my ROFLcopter

Well… I’m sold

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I just want to add that the company at least packages the product well (cut and paste from Apple). It comes in a matte black box that has a projection photo on each side. Other than the name, all other text is kept small and in just one panel of the box. Inside the box, the drill floats in a vacuum formed black PS piece.

I’m always amazed at how much context affects our perceptions. For instance, for any other product you would of course assume PS is polystyrene. But in the thread with this product, the FIRST thing that popped into my head when I read PS is that you were saying a “formed black piece of sh*t” :laughing:

skinny: more than just here. When I saw the nice looking box, I thought, “whoa, what is this thing!” Then, I read the name and saw the drill and thought, “whoa, what is this thing?” hehe.