where to buy Dieter Rams Braun Radios

They’re iconic examples of product design excellence in detail and craftsmanship. We’re all familiar with them, and you see PHOTOS of them everywhere. So, where can you buy the damn things, and why did they stop making them 40 years ago if they’re so great? I would like to get my hands on one of Dieter Rams’s radios, but they’re exceedingly rare. Does anyone know of good source to buy them?

1 Like

why did they stop making them 40 years ago if they’re so great

Well, everything gets old … including me. They’re antiques pp my friend. Like old Harleys, Vincent Black Shadows, '54 Corvettes, Gustav Stickley furniture, Fostoria crystal, and the like, there is no “good source” for them. You get 'em where you find 'em.

That said, there are 9 vintage Braun radios up for auction on eBay right now. A T1000 among them.

This is a not the one:

Google “Braun radios” and see what appears.

The simple answer to your question is this site:

www.dasprogramm.org

Problem solved!

[moderator hat ON]

dasprogramm, et. al,

While this last post does directly answer the Original Poster’s question, it is in violation of Discussion Boards Posting Standards. This post will remain, however, any similar commercial posting will result in your account being banned.

See in part…

How Not to Contribute:

_We are very tolerant of differing views and opinions, but there are some things we do not tolerate at all. Offenders may be warned or immediately banned. Ultimately the moderators have final say, but as a guideline, please avoid –
\

1. Overt self-promotion and advertising. A short link to your studio, blog, portfolio or product in your signature is fine as long as it is relevant and your comment is the focus of your post. A new user with a 2 word post and several links in the signature will most likely be immediately banned.
    \
  2. SPAM. You know what it is. Don’t do it. If you find SPAM, please do not respond to it, it only makes the moderators’ job more difficult. We do our best to delete all SPAM as soon as possible.
    \
  3. Trolling. Comments that only serve to be provocative, anger others, insult or defame will not be tolerated.4. Commercial Activities. No direct selling of goods and services._

[moderator hat OFF]