How to get the first internship

I’ve got 3 years of college left but need an internship next summer…what are the steps to take in order to achieve this?

Please Reply and Thanks

Steps? Different for everyone…but here’s a short list:

1. Work hard.
  2. Play hard.
  3. Observe.
  4. Draw…a lot.
  5. Listen to about 50% of what your professors tell you and improvise the rest (little known secret: they’re learning right along with you)
  6. Apply for job.
  7. Get a job.
  8. go back to #1

It may be too early for an internship after 1 year of intro ID courses.

I understand some may think thats its too early for me to get an internship, but I was planning on doing my own work outside of school as well. The only problem is I’m not exactly sure what kind of projects to do. If you can give some examples or something that’d be great.

At this point…do what you love. Shoes. Phones. Park benches.

Just do it.

what kind of internship are you interested in ? different internships look for different things -

-I think you can get an internship - look at coroflot and check out peoples portfolios and see where they have interned at, that will give you an idea of what you need to do.

I’m looking for footwear or product design internships for the summer. I go to school in Milwaukee, WI but I’d go just about anywhere this summer. I’ve heard there are lots of firms in California. Just wondering where a good place to look is.