Close

Re: photoshop/ illustrator textures

Postby Hotmix6 » January 29th, 2010, 8:27 am

Hotmix6
step three
step three

Please remove previous post YO! as link is dead

In the Spirit of generosity I have uploaded my swatch library.

Please note that some of these are copies from other designers swatches from locations from on the internet, just as inspiration for creating swatches of material.

enjoy
hotmix6

I encourage other people to upload their swatch books as a community

link to swatches.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/106694/Textures.pdf

thanks
hotmix6

Postby Styler66 » March 30th, 2010, 3:17 am

Styler66

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have some Photoshop stitch brushes? Not the usual freebie ones off the web.. i have those but they look so amateur, need clean, sharp of various lengths etc... any help well appreciated.... thanks in advance....
Everything Is Written In The Book Of Life!

Postby ratio » June 3rd, 2010, 10:36 pm

ratio

Styler66 wrote:Slightly off topic, but does anyone have some Photoshop stitch brushes? Not the usual freebie ones off the web.. i have those but they look so amateur, need clean, sharp of various lengths etc... any help well appreciated.... thanks in advance....

you should try makin your own:) it's very easy.

new file > Make a black shape (your stitch shape) > goto "Edit" > select "Define Brush Preset "> name it > hit Ok

open brushes palette > select your defined Brush Preset (should be last one) >turn all options off > click on option "Shape Dynamics" (which will turn it on too) > for Angle Jitter Control drop down, select "Direction" (make sure everything else is off) > click on Brush Tip Shape > increase spacing to desire.

Voila. Custom Stitch Brush.

You can also get creative with your brush by giving your stitch texture before you define it as brush, or making two shapes for double stitching, x shapes, etc.

hope that helps.

Postby Styler66 » June 4th, 2010, 4:09 am

Styler66

Many many thanks for the help.... I had the problem to make the stitches follow the path at the correct angles... I think you know what I mean.... appreciate the help. Good Weekend.... Rob :D
Everything Is Written In The Book Of Life!

Postby renurenu » June 22nd, 2010, 4:23 am

renurenu

I draw in open source program MyPaint, which has some excellent brushes. You can easily create many different kinds of textures with them (for example, all my shoes have been drawn in MyPaint, see for example my Owl Shoe http://www.coroflot.com/public/individu ... d=3664921&).

Previous

Return to footwear & softgoods