The story of 2 shoes

For some time I have a question about two very similar designs. Thinking about this, I think the strategy of NIKE was launched the retro shoe design of the film BACK TO THE FUTURE, after seeing the success of the adidas adiZero shoe, with very similar characteristics. I do not know, just guess.

Anyone know anything about this story?

Not seeing the similarities. If you sketched each o these out the design lines are pretty different as are the proportions and features.

Yes, both are very nice designs. I like the blue shoes too. I do not know, is very subjective. When I saw the adizero shoes, I thought of something like an evolution of Nike shoes. It is likely that the designer was inspired by the shoes of the movie. I’m just speculating. I made a few strokes to find the cause I see those within the same aesthetics family.

Like YO said, I don’t see how these shoes are alike at all…The graph you made only seems to make it even more confusing…It seems like you are basically just showing that the two shoes have a midsole, outsole and heel cup?..

The heel may be a sufficient element for me to infer that the adidas designer hypothetically could have been inspired by Nike shoes. Because the heel is a very distinctive Adizero line, like the prominent heel of the Nike shoe. If I had analyzed the Nike shoe in the 80s, maybe I would have found that this element of the heel is very cool to be applied to a line of shoes. And of course I would not do an exact copy of the Nike shoe.

Read again this: I’m just speculating. I made a few strokes to find the cause I see those within the same aesthetics family.