Sketch-Fu: Women's Footwear

Hello All,

Can people post some of their women’s heels marker (prisma) renderings. There aren’t many references on the net, and the ones that are available aren’t that good. Here are a few that my mentor, Shane Ward did. I also attached a sketch page of mine but I’d rather see marker renderings.

really like that first one! That is working nicely. All good stuff! Thanks for posting them.

Since no one contributed I decided to throw together a few. Feedback?

Excellent work!

My main comment is that you got the proportion correct, this is vitally important, especially as one often works with factories where they cheat and take the standard directly off your sketch when cutting patterns, meaning if your proportions are out, then the pattern will be out.

So, I have no criticism to make, only ‘keep up the good work’.

If you want to see nice hand renders in marker, then I really recommend this blog, http://naliniarora.com/blog/

I don’t do colour marker renders myself, if I’m going to use color then it’s when I go to cad. Which is a shame really.

Nice blog! i only skimmed through it but it looked interesting. Have to give you props shoenista for not only holding down the womens side of things here at core77, but the non-athletic side as well!

Also Sole Glo, those rendering are really nice, def keep it up. This womens stuff looks much better than your b-ball stuff, just has more style and flavor.

That’s mostly because all of my b-ball sketches/renderings are over 2 years old. The womens stuff was done a few weeks ago. I’m also a women’s footwear designer. But thanks for the feedback, always good to get an un-biased opinion. Now I feel like I need to post a killer b-ball rendering haha.

I’ll be back.

Sole Glo Joe: good stuff.

Thanks for the link Shoenista, i thought these were pretty bananas!

Thanks Yo.

C’mon people let’s see some womens footwear renderings!

Some of my old work…

billymenut : those are…HHHOTies
my first attempt …
High1.jpg

Heres one I did over the summer on a Cintiq in SBPro…

Actually really enjoyed drawing it

Great additions everyone.

I really like that Jimmy Choo concept Francisco. Thanks for commenting on my coroflot as well.

Keep 'em coming!

I was referring to that one you had in the other sketch-fu, i asssumed it was new, but that makes sense.

Here’s my women’s addition, I don’t do too much of it and its usually not dress/tailored stuff.

To dziner82:

Great stuff, did you do that in illustrator/photoshop and added textures or was that done in alias/rhino or some other 3d rendering software. It’s crazy how much life texture can give a rendering.

Joe,
photoshop. Materials are scanned in from swatches. Not always as fast as other methods but helps to give me a better idea of what the shoe will look like before we make samples.

I use that method for renderings as well. Did you shade it after you inserted the swatches. Your renderings have a nice three dimensional feel. I feel like I see darker areas and that florescent magenta fabric looks reflective. Here’s one of my renderings, doesn’t seem to have as much life…More specifically the upper pattern.

I’m also a women’s footwear designer. But thanks for the feedback, always good to get an un-biased opinion. Now I feel like I need to post a killer b-ball rendering.Your renderings have a nice three dimensional feel. I feel like I see darker areas and that florescent magenta fabric looks reflective.

Been wanting to post here for a while but always kept forgetting to.
These are some of my 1st year sketch/renderings (most of which were ladies shoes) hope to post more on this topic and the athletic one as time passes by and thanks in advance for any comments, advice, and etc

And 1 more for today. This was my Freshman year project where we had to design either a derby, oxford or pump and then make it. I ended up making a ladies high heel derby mainly using patent leather and kangaroo fur. I can’t seem to find a copy of my final render so here’s my final sketch and the finished product.
26960208_1983761911.jpg

To J1N: That’s a great concept. I think your perspective needs some work. It is looking somewhat flat. The best way to remedy this, is to just look at a shoe while drawing it. Or draw from a picture, but nothing beats drawing from life. Also sketching the plain that the shoe is sitting on can give a better since of perspective and space as well.