The Black Sheep Brand: Clawz

Hello everyone:

Haven’t posted in a while, but I just wanted to share my first footwear product to hit the shelves: The Clawz by The Black Sheep Brand. It was completed during the summer of 2007 when I worked with Dallas Stokes and Black Sheep out in Los Angeles. It was a quick one-day project-- I threw down a few sketches one night and finished the Illustrator lineart the next day. It was a good branding exercise, just thinking about the lateral sidewall graphic when these are displayed in the store, and playing off of the skull logo and heel detail. They retail for $54.95 at DSW
(http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=1&category=&prodId=177883&brand=dsw10brand1500006).

Enjoy the pics below and feel free to explore the product via the URL provided above…

Some kids’ colorways available at Famous Footwear as well…
clawz_kids3.jpg
clawz_kids2.jpg
clawz_kids.jpg

Awesome Phil! Must be cool to see your stuff actually be produced! I like the stuff the Black Sheep has been coming out with because it’s a creative take on a classic silhouette, and I like yours as well. Keep at it!

Congrats guy, looks good.

Awesome Phil -it’s great to be able to still be a student and be able to have a portfolio piece that got taken all the way through production. Congrats. :smiley:

Phil! Dude, that is hot. It’s very rare for someone’s “first design to go to retail” be one that’s so creative and interesting. I think you did a great job on the design.

when I worked with Dallas Stokes and Black Sheep out in Los Angeles

Tell Dallas “Steve-0” says ‘hi’ and … sorry for doing ‘donuts’ in the Corvette :wink:

Wow, thanks for the comments guys! I really appreciate them.

It’s very rare for someone’s “first design to go to retail” be one that’s so creative and interesting.

Yea Ryan, I know what you mean. It was great working with Dallas and Black Sheep because they allowed me to be creative in my designs, yet I still learned so much about footwear design and the industry itself. It was a great experience working with such a small company for my first internship, since I was able to see aspects of the industry that I probably would have never seen had I gone directly to a large corporate environment.

Tell Dallas “Steve-0” says ‘hi’ and … sorry for doing ‘donuts’ in the Corvette

Haha, I am always surprised at how many people know Dallas.

nice stuff phill. It’s always great to see your concept come to market. nice first project. congrats.

R

Nice Phill. Great looking shoe. I love how you incorperated cetain things into the design.

hey i have a couple of designs myself on some shoes i have about 10 different styles and multiple colorways and i was wondering could u point me in the right direction as to who or where could help me with the physical construction of the models i would greatly appreciate it
THANKS