city knife2

i recently saw the original ones on sale - poor sellers maybe?

http://www.metropolismag.com/html/content_1203/nik/

they were getting lots of play in desgin mags (for their looks and novelty) but would anybody use them as intended? even if they fold up nice do you really want to put your city shoe in your pocket.

Poor seller for Nike is under 60,000 pairs.

City Knife was a novelty really; collegue of mine designed the original. Great idea, but as a practicle shoe, not so useful. It was too strange for daily travel wear and use.

Great ideas, great executions, limited applications, limited appeal–seems to be the curse of Nike’s Active Life designs (that are not reissues of retro styles.). Not saying its a bad thing in any case.

The cityknife 1 sells very steadily, every year numbers bump up a bit… the 2 is another story. The 3 is due out next month. It folds tighter, has more cusioning and support, is more wearable on a daily basis visually, and comes with a travel bag for the folded pair.

I wouldn’t recomend folding them up and putting them in your pocket, but They are great for going on trips when you need to slip an extra pair of shoes in your luggage.

Yo;

just curious but when yo usay the numbers “bump up a bit year by year”, how much is a bit?

Also, since you are there, what up with the Newson shoe? Are they gonna release it yet?

Newson should be out in a month or so.

First season a limited run of 300, expect to pay upwards of $350. Final samples look great. Follow up seasons will see greater comercialization.

I’d have to check on the ck1’s numbers but from what I hear it’s doing well. Huge ad campaign in Europe didn’t hurt. I did the 3 so I kind of got familiar with the whole program.

Are you x-Nike or what?

actually, you know me,…

not really Nike but vaguely asscociated with, about 2000 miles south, near the beach,… :smiley:

seriously though, I wasn’t sure if that was a plug for the “3” until I clicked on your link,… and yes from what you showed me it is much better than the “1” or the “2”.

I got the sample of the “2” from a certain Austrailian guy in A.L…its very weird…

got ya…

How’s Costa Mesa treating you?

I’m going to be updating that crap sample site at some point.

working mostly on fashion applications here,…not exactly my cuppa, but hey it pays to live here,…

Thought might like to see some sketches of the 3, which is on sale now

:imp: :frowning: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :confused: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :cry: :wink: :unamused: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink: :wink: :wink: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :arrow_right: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused: :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :angry: :angry: :open_mouth:

[quote=“victor”][quote=“Relativ”]Poor seller for Nike is under 60,000 pairs.

City Knife was a novelty really; collegue of mine designed the original. Great idea, but as a practicle shoe, not so useful. It was too strange tae wear aw eh time man no wit am oan aboot :imp: