Close

Air Jordan XXIV concept

Postby VD23 » March 4th, 2007, 6:32 pm

VD23
step four
step four

Here's the final rendering...the rest is below. Took me some time. Hopefully you enjoy them!

Feedback appreciated!

-TH
Last edited by VD23 on March 6th, 2007, 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby VD23 » March 4th, 2007, 6:39 pm

VD23
step four
step four

Inspiration:

Image[/img]

Postby VD23 » March 4th, 2007, 6:54 pm

VD23
step four
step four

sketches and early concepts:

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Customizable IPS/outsole:

Image[/img]

[/img]
Last edited by VD23 on March 4th, 2007, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby VD23 » March 4th, 2007, 7:09 pm

VD23
step four
step four

Advanced Resin Transfer Molding Chassis concept:

Lacing/wiring concept:

What you actually see:

Assembly:

Postby VD23 » March 4th, 2007, 7:24 pm

VD23
step four
step four

Colorways:

materials etc:

Postby ak47celtics » March 4th, 2007, 8:08 pm

ak47celtics
step four
step four

Wow. Great work man. This really seems like the perfect design for an Air Jordan. It's simple, inspired, and with advanced and innovative tech. I remember when you showed me this design in it's earlier form, and I really liked it then, but all the tech and everything on this version just blows me away. All in all looks awesome.

Ps I love that lenoardo da vinci drawing with the jumpman morphed in..that's sick...lol.

Postby IDlife » March 4th, 2007, 8:23 pm

IDlife

Tight

Postby junglebrodda » March 4th, 2007, 10:42 pm

junglebrodda
full self-realization
full self-realization

the hotness!!!

very concise, home slice. the presentation is very clean and it is evident the work you put in resulted in a very thoughtful design. my lone criticism(s) is that aesthetically, the final design does look to have evolved much from the initial sketches? that might very well be a result of editing, but it is something that jumped at me...tangentially though the design seems to be very tech driven, that element of the "unexpectedness" (i recall hearing that somewheres...cannot remember where though) that comes with the flagship jordan shoe, just is missing that umph! imo...i think you holding bak on us TH, ha!

very dope, nonetheless
no ideas original....there is nothing new under the sun...it is never what you do but how it is done

https://www.behance.net/a0o

Postby VD23 » March 5th, 2007, 1:42 am

VD23
step four
step four

Thanks guys.

Jungle- thanks for taking the time to critique. Agree with you on most of that...that "umph" is a mo fo. Still trying to perfect that.

This project was very non-linear for me in that I was doing some sketching, then some stuff on the computer and sort of jumping all around until it finally spun itself together. There could be some disconnection there to the sketches as a result. Believe it or not, there's a lot of stuff I didn't post because it was just overwhelming...so I cut it down to get the basic idea across.

-TH

Postby Jbo » March 5th, 2007, 3:05 am

Jbo
step one
step one

nice job!!!

what softwaers did you use?

Postby zdelar » March 5th, 2007, 5:45 am

zdelar
step two
step two

Yeah , yeah , yeah Tony !!!! Congrats man , this is an Amazing work brother , I just LOVE it ! What should I say more ... I don't know , I'm just speachless ! Both stuff , this one and the Puma's ... amazing , man , amazing ! I wish you good luck with these bad boys , man , this work have to rewarded in the right place !!! Good luck , brother ! OLE !

Postby yo » March 5th, 2007, 11:35 am

yo
Administration
Administration

Super thorough: I love the butterfly views, those are beautiful images on there own. Great work.

I'm not sure about the stealth chopper inspirado though, i seams doubtfull that the brand would go back to stealth for inspiration. I like how you pulled the coffered dome out for inspiration in the heel... might be more in there.... my advice would be to keep to one inspiration story and go deep on that story.

The forefoot of the outsole feels a bit wide, but then I always tend to over sleeken them. I feel like it could have more flow to it...

I don't want this to undercut how great of a project this is, but I want to give you some feedback because I know where you are and where you want to be... good stuff man, keep it rolling.

Postby VD23 » March 5th, 2007, 11:52 am

VD23
step four
step four

MD~

Feedback like that is exactly why I have this work posted up here. Thank you. I agree with what you are saying. In terms of the stealth concept, I actually started this before I knew anything about the XX2, but interesetingly enough, a few of the ideas came pretty close.

-TH

Postby yo » March 5th, 2007, 12:57 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

cool.

VD23 wrote: actually started this before I knew anything about the XX2, but interesetingly enough, a few of the ideas came pretty close.

I figured but wasn't sure, that was some good foresite!

Postby Traveler9 » March 5th, 2007, 1:45 pm

Traveler9
step three
step three

I understand what Jungle is saying about "umph!", and what Micheal is saying aout the forefoot width. But, aside from that.... Dude! ... Dewd! ... Dood! ...

Dude.

Go to the Next Page

Return to footwear & softgoods