NEW KICKS :: latest purchase

They are a British cycling company. A bit off the radar for regular folks.

As for the construction, from the website -

Upper
Water repellant industrial-grade woven polyester upper; authentic jersey knit lining; reinforced EVA/mesh lining; improved Lock-Lace system; signature 3M™ reflective heel strip

Outsole
Moulded rubber; full-length hardened midsole

Footbed
Natural cork with EVA; ultra porous jersey knit top layer

Accessories
Shoe bag, cleat cover

Weight
464 g (size 43)

uhm, wow, those guys make some awesome footwear. The road stuff is fantastic as well. Thanks for posting the link.

got a pair of these today. Cole Haan GrandPro Tennis

Can I still post mine if I didnt buy them, but 3D printed them myself? :laughing:

1 Like

Crazy stuff man, I’ve been following along on instagram and I love where this is going. What is the lifespan like?

Michael! I love that I’ve caught your eye!

I’m not sure about lifespan yet. I only started developing the shoes in May, and have been wear-testing models since September. But 3 months in is way too early to come to any lifespan conclusions. It’s fun wearing your own product daily though. And so far, no problems.

My gut feeling is that a pair will last at least 6 months for someone with a normal gait. If worn by someone who drags their heels, things might be a little different, I think they could wear a hole in them in about that time. The current out/midsole is a little over 2mm thick, but the TPE has good abrasion resistance.

Also, the TPE can be recycled into ‘new’ filament pretty well. So old shoes can be shredded and used to print new shoes. I’m real excited about that, but will first have to sell quite a few more shoes.

Resurrect this one from November with a couple recent pickups.

Arcteryx Konseal
ARKK.PNG
ARKK Raven
KONSEAL.PNG

all black er’thing :slight_smile:

How do you like those ARKKs?

A couple of pairs of Cole Haan 3.Zero Grands. The leather pair has a molded leather chassis. The welded pair has a TPU chassis. I like the way the wingtip resolves into the base of the eyebrow which is pretty unique. The traction is interesting as well.

Just saw those drop. Have yet to see them in person. Kinda neat, but I feel skews a bit too athletic compared to the previous version that was business up top, athletic on the bottom.

I just got a pair of the Cole Haan Laser Washington for my wedding.

R

Got a pair of blue New Balance 574 recently, timeless look and adds a nice pop of color.

Saving up to get a pair of Nike Flyknit!! :smiley:

Those laser Washington’s are pretty awesome. It is definitely a faster, more organic direction for them. I personally really dig it. The original grand stuff (which I also liked and had several pairs of) was a bit potato head. Classic upper on a sneakers bottom. I think there are pushing the hybrid thing a bit further… but men’s shoes is an interesting game as you know all too well. Subtle changes can seem radical. I’m curious what people will think… I stopped wearing my Original Grands because they were a bit too buttoned up for San Diego :slight_smile: … I had a pair of the 2.zerogrands as well, but these just fit my style a bit better…

…and finally got the Nike 4% Zoom VaporFly Flyknit (that’s a mouthful). Was in line at 7am for the 10am release. Also picked up a pair of the takedown ZoomFly version that has the same fly knit upper, same carbon fiber plate (previous version had a GF Nylon plate) but React foam instead of the ZoomX foam. Will use the Zoom Fly for training and the 4% for racing.

R

LOVE the CMF decisions on the coral-ish colorway. Super sweet.

How do they run?

Haven’t run in them yet. Will given them a spin Sunday. Got my last long run of 32k with 20k race pace Sunday before my marathon in 2 weeks.

R

OK. Took the shoes for a spin. Maybe is placebo effect voodoo, but they totally worked. Was supposed to do 36k with 20k race pace, but the shoes felt so good I ended up doing 36k with 29k at faster than race pace. Wasn’t really trying to push the pace, but in the end, believe it or not my average pave ended up at 4% (!!) faster than target.

Was going to round up the run to do 42k just for fun but didn’t want to wear out the shoes :wink: (someone actually yelled at me on the run that I was wearing them too much for training!)…I did actually notice some unusual wear after the run. Have to do some research, but looks like the magic ZoomX foam is a yellow PU type foam that is painted white, instead of the typical EVA type. A bit of paint is peeling off the midsole at the heel where it wears…hmm.

Real test of course will be marathon in 2 weeks, but if anything close to my experience on that long run, I expect them to live up to the hype and more!

R

Missed this one! Sorry MD - ARKKs are alright, they’re too long honestly… If I’m going to wear something similar I prefer Allbirds.

Absolutely loving this recent pickup for a new pair of GTX boots that weight next to nothing… Great for Vermont fall and hopefully winter. My only beef is the tongue construction, looks like a complete afterthought with raw seams.
Screenshot 2018-10-09 at 11.07.03 PM.png

Picked these up in Taiwan on my last trip over. Really digging the Zooms.

Allbirds. It seems I’m into the midtops lately.

1 Like

During my last trip in Tokyo in December i got these :

Onitsuka Tiger RINKAN BOOT