Adidas Next Step

Postby victordcantu » November 20th, 2012, 2:39 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

Guys, for the purpose of making more dynamic the shoe community, I invite you to participate in a collective design proposals for adidas basketball.

The goals are:

1.-Get feedback.
2. - To shine stronger muscles, and strengthen the weaker muscles.
3. - Calling attention to the Adidas brand, giving a look at this forum, submit for consideration this excercise of creativity in the adidas site. http://www.adidasdesignstudios.com/
4. - May open a door for those who have opportunities for an internship within the company.

Deadline Dec. 20. 2012

Re: Adidas Next Step

Postby victordcantu » November 20th, 2012, 3:31 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

I think the inspiration for Adidas basketball shoes, come from retro shoes, and a futuristic mixture, consisting of the intersection of objects in the basic shoe.

I think Adidas will continue with that style. The designers have explored the limit of paraphernalia, maybe could use an organic alternative, keeping the intersection of objects, a course toward minimalism.

I will inspired by: HR GIGER, BEN 10, TRON

Postby victordcantu » November 21st, 2012, 6:02 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

First sketches.

Postby victordcantu » November 24th, 2012, 9:57 am

victordcantu
step three
step three

Shaping.

Postby victordcantu » November 26th, 2012, 11:57 am

victordcantu
step three
step three

First visual reference of the product

Postby choto » November 26th, 2012, 12:44 pm

choto

Hey Victor,
Glad to see a new footwear project thread started. I think I might jump back to sketching before getting too lost in rendering if I was you. I think you still have a lot to explore, and refine your project statement more clearly.

You mentioned pushing the aesthetic towards minimalism but the concept looks rather busy and fussy with the circuit board graphic. Is there a purpose for it or it is just aesthetic? I don't think there's anything wrong with using it as a graphic but maybe more subtle and less heavy handed.

What is the thought behind the dramatic arch in the sole? From a performance standpoint you might be causing a lot of issues.

Looking forward to seeing more

Postby victordcantu » November 26th, 2012, 1:33 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

Hello Choto, I like to know the final shape of the product to see and recognize the things that can be improved or removed or added. I am exploring an alternative aesthetic to adizero basketball line. Adizero maintains paraphernalia, fascinating and very nice, very charged about objects inserted and added to the basic shape of the shoe. I want to keep these objects, and platforms, but looking for a minimalist, organic lines on objects. It is not necessary for now look for a minimalist shoe decorative patterns, but in the objects. The arch is exaggerated, but the intent is aesthetic. We can reduce the arc, but I represent as a highlighted feature of the product, highlighting the platforms of the sole. I have seen very large arched soles, I dont know the disadvantages. I have to find that out. I do what I can, with my limited knowledge. I can do more sketches, but I dont have too much time. I want to finish at least 4 proposals before the deadline.

Thanks por the feedback

Postby victordcantu » November 26th, 2012, 1:46 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

Exploring into the same design.

Postby victordcantu » November 26th, 2012, 2:20 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

Without the arc.

Postby victordcantu » November 26th, 2012, 6:16 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

This first exercise of creativity has been against time. Trying to concentrate on a basic idea in mind, and translate that inspiration to paper immediately. True to the first resources at hand. Recall the good in every sketch, and keep it until the end of the proposal. The main lines of the sketch chosen, have left me satisfied, because they represent the essence of the product. Fluency and organic design in the sole, keeping the platforms, subtly, to make a difference with the current line adizero. Minimalism is still not very attractive to the consumer of basketball shoes, but it's a good try, try to follow this path, slowly, to the simple. Just need to make a nice design of the sole, accommodate the plate circuit symbols, which are those that give traction. Against time, and make quick decisions to shape an idea.

Tomorrow, my autoconclusión of this exercise of creativity, things that I liked and I did not like.

Regards.

Postby crewkid » November 27th, 2012, 10:19 am

crewkid
step four
step four

Victor: I think that you are getting a little ahead of yourself with this design. I am not really seeing Tron or Geiger in this concept (im unfamiliar with Ben10). I see circuitry but Tron is much more stylized. Is this an aesthetic exercise? What performance features are you incorporating into your design?

Take a closer look at your proportions, they are throwing off the design of your shoe. As others are recommending you should spend more time in the sketch/ideation phase.

You mention that one of the possible goals with this project is to catch the attention of adidas for an internship. The industry is much more impressed by nice sketch pages showing well thought ideas, than a rendering of a shoe.
You show a lot of enthusiasm which is good, but slow down and enjoy coming up with ideas and sketching.

Postby victordcantu » November 27th, 2012, 11:19 am

victordcantu
step three
step three

crewkid wrote:Victor: I think that you are getting a little ahead of yourself with this design. I am not really seeing Tron or Geiger in this concept (im unfamiliar with Ben10). I see circuitry but Tron is much more stylized. Is this an aesthetic exercise? What performance features are you incorporating into your design?

Take a closer look at your proportions, they are throwing off the design of your shoe. As others are recommending you should spend more time in the sketch/ideation phase.

You mention that one of the possible goals with this project is to catch the attention of adidas for an internship. The industry is much more impressed by nice sketch pages showing well thought ideas, than a rendering of a shoe.
You show a lot of enthusiasm which is good, but slow down and enjoy coming up with ideas and sketching.

Personally I have no intention of seeking an internship. But it is possible that some of the students who visit the forum, have a chance. That's the goal, to propose. They insist much on the sketches. If you have a clear idea of ​​what you want to do, you do not wander too. This is an exercise, a few things go right and others wrong. After having a proposal, you can make changes, take the good of every job. This is the goal.

Thanks for watching

Postby victordcantu » November 27th, 2012, 11:24 am

victordcantu
step three
step three

Conclusion and self-criticism.

Postby victordcantu » November 27th, 2012, 6:58 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

Proportion is wrong?

Postby victordcantu » November 27th, 2012, 7:42 pm

victordcantu
step three
step three

Next exercise:

After a difficult exploration in organic design, I realized that it is very difficult to try a radical change in the adizero line. I'll let the organic design by the end of these exercises. Now I will explore different platforms in the sole, slightly change these geometric solids, seek inspiration in tech, machinery, futurism, constructivism.

Some time ago I thought of adapting the beautiful structure of a leaf spring cars. It is a very classic piece, but I could not adapt successfully to a shoe. I'll try.

Go to the Next Page

Return to footwear & softgoods

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list