eck adams - chapter 7

anyone have any details about this?

this is the info i received from a vendor:

eck adams padlocked their doors july 1.

call the company, a receptionist answers.
she says she’s the only one there and as of 7/1 eck adamas has “ceased operations”

:angry:

of course it’s not THAT shocking as we haven’t received a royalty check from theme in about 11 months…sons of biatches! :imp:

Phil McCrackin confirms Eck Adams out of business. Another one bites the dust. Another one bites the dust, hey, hey.

Moral of the story… if you’re going to make a living selling ugly furniture, you better get it made in China and better not expect to make much profit on it.

:laughing:

ick adams, die in a fire.

STAPLES screwed over Eck Adams. Replaced them overnight with a Chinese alternative. Lessons to be learned:

1. Don’t rely to heavily on one fat customer.
  2. By your components if not complete products from China. If you don’t someone else will.

Capitalism = competition

Good luck to us all,

Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin, you’ve got a way with words and just the right amount of panache. I bet your hot…

Do you date guys?

i’d hit it.

That applies to Bush Industries as well. They filed for Chapter 11 for the same reasons (except they depend too much on Office Max).

it’s a big, crazy industry, isn’t it?

Relatively speaking, it’s not that big - but it is crazy. The Gap does more business in one year than the entire office furniture industry combined. A little perspective for you. Remember how we made fun of the fashion students back in design school? Shame on us all.

Phil

yeah, but i can sleep easy at night.