Close

Re: How to improve moving in a city

Postby jpickard » May 29th, 2012, 7:18 pm

jpickard

Ya books seem to be a major hassle,no matter how much I want a huge library. I have been thinking of a way that bookcases themselves can help to manage book moving. I always think about what books I really want to take with me.

Postby jpickard » May 29th, 2012, 7:21 pm

jpickard

PackageID wrote:
yo wrote:For the last 14 years I've averaged a move every 2.5.

The biggest thing I've learned, hire professional movers and even packers if you can. they get it done in a day and are worth every penny in stress reduction and saved hours.

+1...My wife and I just bought a new house. We are moving out of a condo which we have lived in for 7 years. We rented a POD thinking "hey it gives us time to pack it and they will store it an deliver it when we need them to." Man was it a pain in the ass. I never knew the amount of crap one accumulates in a 7 year period. Also I packed that POD the best I could, just hope nothing comes out broken. :shock:

J

PODs. Thats a really interesting point. Halfway between a mover and doing it yourself. Something I will have to look into for sure.

Postby yo » May 29th, 2012, 9:01 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

overtime we move the movers look at our books and let a huge sigh.... no way around all that weight.

Previous

Return to furniture