Good reference books for furniture?

I own this and find it invaluable.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0761989617/sr=8-2/qid=1206840168/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1206840168&sr=8-2&seller=

It’s 108 pages. Goes through each period from 400 years ago until now.

Starts with Medieval Syle (1607-1700) and goes through all the periods with photos and with all the details about what makes each style look like it does…

Other styles included are Renaissance, Gothic Revival, Rococo Revival, Art Nouveau, Arts & Crafts, Prairie, Art Deco, Shaker, Contemporary, Vernacular and so on…

There are 35 styles in total that it covers… Each style is covered on two pages… One page is dedicated to photograph examples, while the page opposite has “call-outs” that explain what the different parts or designs in the chair are named. Also on the opposite page is a few paragraphs detailing the works of that period and explains what region of the US they came from etc…

I paid less than $2 for mine and learned a TON about the different periods… which I’m going to learn about at Kendall next fall anyway.

Actually this book made me appreciate finely crafted traditional furniture even more…