Electric Cars

An aside:

The chief designer of French premium brand DS wants to delete all screens from the interior of future cars, because they’re “not very sexy”.

I guess Hyundai doesn’t agree :smiley:

I think they sell a lot more cars than DS…

Those colours and some of the detailin (camera) are very 80ies. Fun.

This somehow evokes the feeling, that we finally have arrived to the future, that was promised to us, back then. More DeLorean to me, than the new “De Lorean”: Like a “next” computer on wheels.

Too bad it took them 30 years to bring it to market. :wink:

The concept was just tooo gorgeous :

the concept was just gorgeous.

Why aren’t more countries doing more? Why indeed…

There is always a “what-about” for every situation.

That Norwegian fund exists to keep the country afloat during the the price fluctuations of and the transition away from an oil-based economy. Harvard has $50 billion invested almost entirely in vulture capital and still charges $50k for tuition. Tesla hasn’t made a million cars in a year yet and has been valued at over a trillion dollars- about 1/3 of global automotive industry. Exxon stock peaked recently. What do any of these numbers mean anymore? The petroleum industry is gigantic- and electric cars are still cars. They’re only superficially disruptive.

Have you guys seen this new Genesis EV? Some very interesting features- the next level of keyless entry (face recognition and fingerprint scanner), and some neat quirksandfeatures https://youtu.be/xBf5SYtFpeU I appreciate that Genesis is bringing new things into the styling and features departments.

I just watched the video yesterday as well :slight_smile:

I like the back a lot. Side is nice and clean. The C pillar detail is a little silly but given the rest of the side is so clean it still works for me. The front is pretty nice as well, I wish the lower front bumper was a notch cleaner but it is still a lot simpler than most other things out there.

I appreciate that it is shorter than both the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6 which it shares platforms with.

The interior is pretty nice too. The flip around crystal shifter is a little gimmicky for me but I bet a lot of people will like it. I was really impressed with the Ioniq 5’s interior when I drove it and I bet this will be nicer. The EV6s interior definitely felt a bit more budget, but it is the cheapest of the three. The EV6 design was much busier and more angular, but again, I bet most people will love it. It did have some nice details as well though.

I thought this was relevant, even if it is not a new EV design:

Pagani has canceled an EV program after 4 years of investigation saying,

The idea should be to make a lightweight car, but this is the biggest challenge. The dream would be a 1300kg EV, but this isn’t possible.

Ioniq 6 N version coming in 2023. The other car I think is just a concept. Even though I complain about packaging an EV in a retro body, I dig the Nissan 240SX look so much, I want this one.

Seeing a lot of these around town.

Wild interior on this! It’s not great but it is unique. I do appreciate that. The interior door panels and handles are very unique.

I see a few Ioniq 5s, but I think I only saw one Kia so far.

Size comparison

Chevy Blazer EV.

I think I don’t like it, but somehow, I can’t look away either.

One more thing regarding screens: I have a 7" screen in my Mazda and I feel like I’m distracted by it now. I think I would have crashed with a 20" screen.

Was just about to post that. I have to say, not bad! I think this could do well. It’s not for me, but I can see America liking it. I do like the wagon like silhouette. There is far too much going on for my taste of course, but one area that does intrigue me is the little indent behind the front wheel that harkens back to 50’s Corvettes… there is just a lot going on down in the lower doors and rocker. The front is pretty nice though as is the interior.

So…many…[unnecessary]…lines…[that start and stop and change direction willy-nilly, seemingly without reason].

This is why I hate most modern cars.