I just received my driving's license and am looking for a first car.
As an industrial designer it has to look at least somewhat representative of the field.
I prefer a compact yet safe used car. It can be an older model or even oldtimer as long as the budget is not too steep (<$6k) and it's a reliable build. It has to be fuel-efficient with < 90,000 mileage.
I also prefer:
- Tablet docking station
- Storage for A4 sized sheets
- Light interior
- AT is OK
- Right-seated driver is OK
- Little backseat space and small trunk OK
As for design I like simplicity with a future-oriented aesthetic and some elegance and power.
I am considering:
- Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 JTS 2004 in silver
- Alfa Romeo 147 1.6-liter Twin Spark
- VW Golf 2.3 v5, blue
- BMW Z3 Roadster, blue
- BMW 1-series 118d High Executive
- Toyota MR2 1.8 16V
I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.