Close

Re: IDeal First Car

Postby rkuchinsky » January 24th, 2018, 11:24 am

rkuchinsky

yo wrote:The back seat is very small in a TT coupe. Really only suitable for children or an adult for less than 5 minutes :-)

My dad had two of the original gun (coupe/convertible) and now has the last gen. Later gen you can maybe fit people in the back. First gen we called then pizza box seats because you can barely have fit a pizza box vertically between the back of the front seat and rear seat. Great cars tho!

I haven't been in a q8, but my mom has a q3. I found it very cheap feeling (light doors, etc.). Same for the volvo c30 last time I was in it. Felt very plastic-y, like a mini.

I'm maybe a bit biased tho as I like the older, solid cars. BMW Z3 is kinda interesting, especially if you can find the hatchback one. I've also always been a fan of the BMW 1 series. Can't really go wrong with a Golf...

What about something older and more unique for the design side of things? For $6k you can probably get a great condition older car that is solid. Mercedes 190? BMW e28? '01 Honda Prelude? Not sure what is available in Europe...

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

Postby NURB » January 26th, 2018, 2:25 pm

NURB

Any car that runs reliably is the perfect first car. Need storage for all that stuff? Make it...
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

Postby sonofscrotum » January 26th, 2018, 3:11 pm

sonofscrotum
step four
step four

Why isn't the Mini on your list? I think it screams "industrial designer", and on top of that I believe many of the models are assembled in the Netherlands.

Postby mo-i » January 30th, 2018, 6:26 am

mo-i
full self-realization
full self-realization

When I was your age I had two Volvo 480 in succession. Ideal image for an ID student. The V30 should be more reliable.
I like them. But color sensitive. I'd say anything that is European, upmarket, sturdy and not a Golf.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

Previous

Return to transportation