Re: IDeal First Car

Postby rkuchinsky » January 24th, 2018, 11:24 am

yo wrote:The back seat is very small in a TT coupe. Really only suitable for children or an adult for less than 5 minutes :-)

My dad had two of the original gun (coupe/convertible) and now has the last gen. Later gen you can maybe fit people in the back. First gen we called then pizza box seats because you can barely have fit a pizza box vertically between the back of the front seat and rear seat. Great cars tho!

I haven't been in a q8, but my mom has a q3. I found it very cheap feeling (light doors, etc.). Same for the volvo c30 last time I was in it. Felt very plastic-y, like a mini.

I'm maybe a bit biased tho as I like the older, solid cars. BMW Z3 is kinda interesting, especially if you can find the hatchback one. I've also always been a fan of the BMW 1 series. Can't really go wrong with a Golf...

What about something older and more unique for the design side of things? For $6k you can probably get a great condition older car that is solid. Mercedes 190? BMW e28? '01 Honda Prelude? Not sure what is available in Europe...

The Directive Collective

Postby NURB » January 26th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Any car that runs reliably is the perfect first car. Need storage for all that stuff? Make it...
Chris Haar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

Postby sonofscrotum » January 26th, 2018, 3:11 pm

step four
step four
Why isn't the Mini on your list? I think it screams "industrial designer", and on top of that I believe many of the models are assembled in the Netherlands.

Postby mo-i » January 30th, 2018, 6:26 am

full self-realization
full self-realization
When I was your age I had two Volvo 480 in succession. Ideal image for an ID student. The V30 should be more reliable.
I like them. But color sensitive. I'd say anything that is European, upmarket, sturdy and not a Golf.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

Return to transportation