Could this be any worse?

Unfortunately it’s a typical student project.

1. The designer wanted to make a black and orange bike with a stylized frame from the beginning.
  2. Write up is full of “weeks of research” “customization for every rider” “3D printing”, etc. Yet, they offer no explanation of how it solves those needs successfully.
  3. “It introduces a revolutionary way of looking at personalized transportation systems that can grow and transform with you and your lifestyle.” …yet they only show color variations.
  4. “3d printing as a medium of manufacturing allows users to create on the spot adjustments both quickly and relatively inexpensively.” I want their 3D printing service bureau’s number.
  5. How do you use the “storage compartments”. Do you have to carry a screw driver to take apart the frame?
  6. They talk about storage, modification, diverse needs yet their exploration page only show thumbnails of frames.

Unfortunately, students are used to saying…“we’ll it’s just a student/conceptual project” as a way of avoiding designing the product and just focusing on the aesthetics and flashy renderings.

I realized long ago that these articles are not the best of the best. A lot of times they are simple hyperlinks to the real articles or the writers have no idea what they are writing about. I think they just go by the pretty pictures and regurgitate content that has already been created. Sad.